Gremlins in my truck?

Myzery19

Jul 22, 2021
So next week, with 1200 miles, I'm taking Charles in for his first service appointment. I've had several instances of crank no start, starting at 15 miles, as well as a few other odd behaviors

Not only has my truck not started a few times, that auto-stop feature hasn't engaged since around the 20-mile mark. To some, that may not be a big deal, but not working on a brand new truck is pretty concerning.

Now to top that off, my girlfriend got out of my truck tonight on the passenger side while I was sitting in park, with the keys in the center console, and as soon as she closed the door, my dash flashed, "no remote" and my truck beeped as if I got out and walked away with the keys in my pocket. I've had quite a few times after getting in and starting my truck that the dash has prompted me to put the key in the center console, and or no remote is detected; this issue seems to be getting worse.

It's frustrating that a brand new truck is having so many random issues and that it's even at a point where I'm making a log to note all this random crap.

Anyone else running across odd behaviors like this?

Welcome..

It does seem you have a number of issues. The no start issue is really all I've seen a number of reports on.

Brief update, the dealer said all is good, with the exception of the crank no start, which they where able to reproduce. They said they are waiting on a software update from GM to fix it, and have no idea when that will happen. It's crazy that a brand new truck with 1400 miles can't be fixed

To further update, none of the above issues are resolved, all are waiting on "updates", so beyond frustrated with this now.

To further update, none of the above issues are resolved, all are waiting on "updates", so beyond frustrated with this now.
And to think, the auto industry is thinking auto steer is ready for prime time. Sure they may have logged millions of miles with a few test vehicles, but you get 100 thousand of these self steer vehicles out there, bugs will be found.

there is no way to have computer driven vehicles and human driven vehicles together and it will be a long time before every vehicle has computer drive capabilities.

there is no way to have computer driven vehicles and human driven vehicles together and it will be a long time before every vehicle has computer drive capabilities.
I agree and especially right now everyone is pushing this new tech in the middle of a supply shortage.

Update #3

So, in addition to all the other unresolved issues, I walk out of the store and notice half my driver-side led running light is burnt out and producing a lovely Ford blue hue. All I can do is laugh about this at this point. I have a case opened with GM, but I'm going to guess a complete repair and resolution is a way off in the distance.

I love this truck and think the 3.0 is excellent, but for all the new trucks I've bought over the years, I've never experienced so many issues at one time.

Sorry all, I just needed to vent, it's Sunday, and everything is closed, and I'm just frustrated

I love this truck and think the 3.0 is excellent, but for all the new trucks I've bought over the years, I've never experienced so many issues at one time.

I own and have been part of many forums for many brands, and sadly I think you might have a lemon. It's just bad luck, and it happens with them all.

I agree and especially right now everyone is pushing this new tech in the middle of a supply shortage.
...the same way all the manufacturers are pushing electric vehicles even though there is minimal charging infrastructure and recurring brown outs in major states like California. Not to mention all the greenies whining about how electricity is currently produced....

true story in another state the local community is fighting to stop a copper mining/smelting operation because of the smell the waste etc. they want to shut it down and go all solar/wind power. what does the mine actually produce you may have guessed it copper for wind turbines.

I own and have been part of many forums for many brands, and sadly I think you might have a lemon. It's just bad luck, and it happens with them all.
Yeah that's starting to seem where this is heading. Dealer still can't fix the no start, and at this point just seem to be guessing on the other issues. We got in a bit of an argument about the auto start/stop, he said it was fine and there was no issues, so I asked him if by fine he meant it was normal to not engage at all over the last month. Last he called, they were resetting the auto start/stop and said it would take about 4 hours to do, and that they would have to order a new headlight for the one that burnt out. Meanwhile, GM is just waiting for more information from the dealer, but at this point, even if I where to be successful with a buyback or replacement under lemon law, inventory is so low, I'm not sure I could even get into something.

Update:

Truck still at dealer. The new headlight should be in today, and now GM has asked the service team to shim the cam sensor; the service manager noted if that doesn't work, they will need to replace the cam sensor. Hopefully, in a few days, I can have my truck back, and hopefully, all these issues are resolved, but with everything so intermittent, I feel like im just playing a waiting game for something to happen.

Update:

Truck still at dealer. The new headlight should be in today, and now GM has asked the service team to shim the cam sensor; the service manager noted if that doesn't work, they will need to replace the cam sensor. Hopefully, in a few days, I can have my truck back, and hopefully, all these issues are resolved, but with everything so intermittent, I feel like im just playing a waiting game for something to happen.
The sensor itself or are they talking about the sensor ring inside the motor? First time I have heard about the sensor itself. That would be great.

The sensor itself or are they talking about the sensor ring inside the motor? First time I have heard about the sensor itself. That would be great.
From talking with the service manager, im pretty sure it's the sensor they would be replacing if the shim dosen't resolve it. I will hopefully be able to pick it up this week, so I can clarify further.

Back