2020 GMC AT4 3.0L/Massive Oil Leak

I am not sure, if lower timing cover seal and rear main seal are the same. I think, I remember GMC dealer mentioning timing cover was part of the process. I am lost, after 1975 small block motor technology.

Got my truck back 2 days ago. Only in the shop for 4 days. No leaks from the repair. Just a shit job of cleaning the oil off the frame, so it was still dripping oil in my driveway. So now they are going to find someone to clean the bottom of the truck.
They are working on getting me a full coverage , bumper to bumper extended warranty. We will see what happens. should find out in a week or so.
As for the part that was replaced, it was the rear main seal, but it is called "lower timing cover" part # 55515618.

That’s good they wasn’t willing to do anything for me all they said was if I had anymore problems feel free to contact them.

2020 Silverado RST 3.0L Duramax. Bought in October 2020. 12,500 miles. Rear Main seal blew out, oil everywhere. Seeing this is a common issue and GM has a bulletin out on it. Dealer says 12+ hour repair.

2020 Silverado RST 3.0L Duramax. Bought in October 2020. 12,500 miles. Rear Main seal blew out, oil everywhere. Seeing this is a common issue and GM has a bulletin out on it. Dealer says 12+ hour repair.

FYI for anyone who had this problem I was able to get a 60 month 100,000 mile comprehensive warranty bumper to bumper and power train at no cost starting at the date they are submitting the paperwork not the purchase date. I had to options either pursue the car payment for the month or pick the warranty option.
Who did you speak to in order to get that? Did you call GM customer service?

FYI for anyone who had this problem I was able to get a 60 month 100,000 mile comprehensive warranty bumper to bumper and power train at no cost starting at the date they are submitting the paperwork not the purchase date. I had to options either pursue the car payment for the month or pick the warranty option.
I asked gm about the extended bumper to bumper plus power train warranty they told me that under no circumstance has a 100k/5yr warranty been issued.

6-21-21, I spoke with GMC dealer service manager. Smaller dealership in Central Valley, Ca. Manager said they have seen 2 more, GMC 1500 3,0L diesels with blown rear seal and oil everywhere. Mine is currently at 14,000 miles. It seems, since the oil leak at 7k miles, gas mileage not as good and seems to run a bit rougher, but nothing I can pinpoint for dealer, so I just keep driving.

I had the rear main seal go the other day, brought it in and it was fixed a few days later. Just got home and noticed oil all down my driveway. Back to the dealer tomorrow morning!

I had the rear main seal go the other day, brought it in and it was fixed a few days later. Just got home and noticed oil all down my driveway. Back to the dealer tomorrow morning!

A few have mentioned that.. it's almost like the tech's don't install it correctly (looks like the factory can't either for what it's worth...)

Have a 2020 1500 Diesel with 11k miles. Rear seal blew while on a road trip 250 miles from home, engine light came on steady, reduced engine capacity, trans fluid up to 195 degrees, oil down to 18%, leaked all over, undercarriage/running boards all splattered. Towed to dealer, should have it repaired in 4 days they needed to have the part FedEx'ed. Apparently they are going to have it delivered to me back home. We will see. Hope that is the last of the problems.

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 10
Have a 2020 1500 Diesel with 11k miles. Rear seal blew while on a road trip 250 miles from home, engine light came on steady, reduced engine capacity, trans fluid up to 195 degrees, oil down to 18%, leaked all over, undercarriage/running boards all splattered. Towed to dealer, should have it repaired in 4 days they needed to have the part FedEx'ed. Apparently they are going to have it delivered to me back home. We will see. Hope that is the last of the problems.
Ask for a full coverage bumper to bumper warranty. I got it for my troubles. You will have to stand firm and don't take no for an answer.

Back