2021 Rear shocks? handling around a corner with bumps

rbdjr

Jun 23, 2021
The truck slides out vibrates to other lanes on a corner in the back only, normal? Helps with 250lbs back of the bed.

I know my 2006 handled the corners way better than this truck, that truck had Bilstein on back from the factory.

2021 RST,4x4, crew,3.0L, factory tires-275/60/R20, sits now approx 40" +- 1/4" ground to the edge of each wheel well. After a 2" Motofab upper strut spacer (approx 1.5-inch spacer), and then Installing a 1" rear leveling kit from Supreme Suspensions Pro-Billet rear lift kit 1" lift spacer and U bolts.
I'm ok with the front shocks currently 10,000 miles on the truck, but the rear suspension has not felt right from day one, around corners that road has any bumps on it truck skips /slide over bumps back end on corners? not sure if 5100 s ? would improve this handling condition, It does improve and feel fine when I put 250Lb s(bags of salt) in back of the truck all the way back by a tailgate with it closed Where is the best place to buy the 5100s? Has anyone else used these shocks to confirm the improved handling in the rear? Have been looking at the 5100? or 5125? Bilsteins, anyone else?

Reactions: Leo
Reopening an old thread. Anyone have an have an answer to this problem?
I have a stock 2021 1500 RST 4X4 with Z-71 package. Same problem.

With washboard type of bumps, and an empty bed this seems to happen. Stock Rancho shocks/setup. Apparently the Bilstein 5100‘s are a much better shock, however I can’t verify this and if it fixes this axle hop, etc. maybe in a couple years when the shocks need replaced… everyone seems to love the 5100’s and say they are much better than Rancho..

With washboard type of bumps, and an empty bed this seems to happen. Stock Rancho shocks/setup. Apparently the Bilstein 5100‘s are a much better shock, however I can’t verify this and if it fixes this axle hop, etc. maybe in a couple years when the shocks need replaced… everyone seems to love the 5100’s and say they are much better than Rancho..
Thank you. I was hoping to find some information from someone who has made this up grade.

Back