Accessories and Add Ons?

So far on mine:

* Tyger bull bar (Installation was a pain though)
* Tyger Star armor steps
* Auto stop eliminator
* Weathertech front and back mats
* Retrax bed cover
* Husky rear wheelwell liners

Last edited:
Nice start for mods !
I did intend to put up a youtube video and had notes on bull bar (disassembly / reassembly steps). The Tyger instructions actually mention removing that motorized louver in the lower part of the front end (I couldn't part with it), but the is a way to retain it...... for the 3.0 you do have to drop the bumper which was a pain in itself...... The v8 and v6 versions, I do not think that you need to take the front end apart as much though, which makes it all seem like an easy affair, but not so much for the 3.0

The retrax (assembled it in the driveway, propped it up on the end on the bed and pushed it up on there).

The autostop was not too bad, I don't have a center console like the RSTs, so I was able to pry out the bezel for the radio and slightly pull back to access the harness, without having to fully remove it.

The star armor steps were definitely simple, just make sure that you use a torque wrench on your final tightening

The husky rear wheel well liners were not too bad, just have to bend them a bit to get them in place, screw holes lines up perfectly.

The weathertech mats were a little tricky, especially around the back doors where if the edges are not sitting down enough, they roll up under the bottom of the doors, just have to bend them down several times until the stay put.

i wish that was at the installers place. This is when i first got home

Attachments

• sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 17
i had it done. way beyond my skill set but its guaranteed for five years. and they report to carfax so it helps if you resale.

ceramic pro silver package is holding up well under heavy assault from pollen here is the pic at the shop just after coating
no more car washes just spay the solution on a microfiber and wipe it down you are done.

Attachments

• nolic.jpg
    nolic.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
What is the solution that you spray on a towel? Are you saying no more car washing for pollen? What about road dust? How about mud, does it stick to the paint?

The guy on youtube channel Warped Perception did a video on it, looks like it does help, by not letting stuff stick, but wasn't a cure all. But he did his own application on ½ of a hood.

Ceramic Pro has an after care solution spray (although any water-less car wash like chemical guys would work fine) on your towel wipe turn to fresh side of cloth repeat nothing sticks to the paint not bird droppings road grime pollen nothing and no scrubbing everything just wipes off effortlessly the only down side is wiping every square inch still takes 30 min or so and a stepladder for me. i will try and get some more photos to illustrate

As i said Pollen is crazy around here right now and no matter how slick it is if its flat it will accumulate. i have three pictures attached first is two days of sitting in my driveway then the towel sprayed with water-less wash and lightly pulled across the roof and then of course the result

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 6
  • Pollen.jpg
    Pollen.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Rag.jpg
    Rag.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 6
--------------------------------- Perfect, now on order with fog light harness. Thanks. ------------------------------

First I've seen reference to this. What does the harness do? I would be looking for a mod. that would leave the fog lights on, with low beams instead of having to turn them on each time I start the truck.

Add ons, so far, to my 2021 Silverado, LTZ, CC, 4WD:
Factory running boards
Console organizer
18" AT4 wheels, w/265/70-18 Continentals, (replaced 20" stock wheels and AT Goodyears)
12" x 18" Highland mud flaps
Extang Exceed tonneau cover
Gun metal grey CHEVROLET letters on tail gate
Auto stop/start eliminator

--------------------------------- Perfect, now on order with fog light harness. Thanks. ------------------------------

First I've seen reference to this. What does the harness do? I would be looking for a mod. that would leave the fog lights on, with low beams instead of having to turn them on each time I start the truck.
This will make the fogs come on whenever the park lights come. Not really a harness.

This will make the fogs come on whenever the park lights come. Not really a harness.
How does this jumper effect the function of the stock fog light switch?

I don't know. I'm at the truck now. I will see if they turn off with the switch.

Okay, I have the same jumper, but I use it as "all lights on" when the brights are on.

If'n I turn dims on, the fog light switch works as normal. When I turn on brights, all lights come on. Can't turn fogs or work lights off.

Boost auto uses the same jumper for different results. Just matters what wire you tap.

I don't know. I'm at the truck now. I will see if they turn off with the switch.

Okay, I have the same jumper, but I use it as "all lights on" when the brights are on.

If'n I turn dims on, the fog light switch works as normal. When I turn on brights, all lights come on. Can't turn fogs or work lights off.

Boost auto uses the same jumper for different results. Just matters what wire you tap.
I saw the jumper you have on the Boost site. I'm going to give them a call because it looks like the fogs will stay on with both low and high beams. It's illegal in Vt. and many other States, to have fogs on with high beams. What I'm looking for is a mod. that leaves the fog switch on, even after shut down so I don't have to hit the switch each time I start the truck. That way if I choose to turn the fogs off, I can use the stock switch.
Does this make sense? Does anyone else make this type of mod.?

There are other companies that will do the same thing.

Not sure if there is a component out there that will do what you're looking for. It would be easy to power them full-time, but getting them to shut off with the fog switch is going to be the hard part.

Back