Adam’s ceramic coat

Rusty59!

Jul 6, 2023
Ceramic coated today. Took all day but it looks good. Pic doesn’t do it justice. First time doing the coating. We’ll see how it holds up.

Attachments

• IMG_4554.jpeg
    IMG_4554.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 20
Looks great! I follow the detailing community pretty close and it seems every company has their own touch on a coating/ceramic/etc. Let us know how this one holds up.

Will do. Drove it in the rain yesterday and it still looks good.
Looks great! I follow the detailing community pretty close and it seems every company has their own touch on a coating/ceramic/etc. Let us know how this one holds up.

So after roughly six weeks with the Adam’s ceramic coating I’m sold on it.
After driving in rain it looks great. Still can’t believe how water beads up on it. It’s as good now as the day I did it.

No I used the one that you apply with an applicator an buff off. Much more permanent than sprays. Follow the directions it’s vital.

Attachments

• IMG_4699.png
    IMG_4699.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 7
Update on the ceramic coating. Great stuff! Holding up way better than any polish or wax I've ever used. Winter will tell the true story.

What prep did you do before applying?
Since my Yukon was new and never waxed all I had to do was wash it really good. If you have some miles on you're vehicle they say to wash with something that will remove any wax and then clay bar it. Bottom line a clean canvas.

The tough part for some might be that you have to do it in the shade and shouldn't drive it or expose it to the sun for 24 hours.

Also stick to doing small areas (2' x 2') and hand buff it out really well. over lapping is ok. It was a lot of work but worth it to me.

Update on the ceramic coating. We haven’t had much snow thus far but still had a bunch of salt on the roads. I'm amazed at how it’s holding up. You won’t be disappointed.

Back