Anyone have experience with Bak Revolver x4s

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2018
Looking to get one of these in the next few weeks.. anyone have any experience? I'm liking the rollup as it doesn't seem to take up that much of the back windshield if you have to roll it up compared to the ones that fold up.

I am also looking at this cover. My neighbor has a retractable one that rolls into a cannister, but the cannister takes up a fair amount of room at the front of the bed. This unit looks like a nice compromise - hard cover that rolls up, no cannister, secure

Last edited:
That was my thoughts.. I haven't bought it yet, but going to soon. Still trying to figure out a leveling kit first.

I had the Roll-X version, no longer made. Unfortunately if started coming apart after about 3 years - was probably opened once a week.
The metal slats on the bottom side at the rear started to disengage at the hinges and there was no way to get them back into position.
Hopefully they have improved the design!
Went back to a Bak folding cover.

Attachments

• E7084765-D008-4186-A1FD-A19B6171056F.jpeg
    E7084765-D008-4186-A1FD-A19B6171056F.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 3
  • F4986CA8-631F-4337-935E-C2F5909DBB8D.jpeg
    F4986CA8-631F-4337-935E-C2F5909DBB8D.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the info.

I do see some cheaper options, but as we know.. "You get what you pay for".

I had the Roll-X version, no longer made. Unfortunately if started coming apart after about 3 years - was probably opened once a week.
The metal slats on the bottom side at the rear started to disengage at the hinges and there was no way to get them back into position.
Hopefully they have improved the design!
Went back to a Bak folding cover.
The current X4S has a 5 year warranty.

Does look like they made some improvements and the extended warranty is a plus. BAK would not respond to my inquesties on mine and it was just past the end of warranty at the time.
Like the flush fit and clean design. I have radio antennas mounted at the front of the bed on both sides and the BAK covers are one of the few that leave enough room on the top of the bed sides for the antennas.

I contacted a local dealer last week and there was one availble at their retail outlet in New Jersey. When I called them back a couple of days later to order it, it was gone. The guy at the store said there were none in stock anywhere. So I put a deposit down on one, and will update once I receive and install it.

I originally looked at the Bak....I ended up with the RetraxOne MX (polycarbonite), not the aluminum. It is fairly durable and the retrax cannisters are a bit smaller than other competitors. I have no complaints with it. But, if you have your heart set on aluminum, that is your choice.

Back