Auto Stop Eliminator

Best 99 dollar investment in the longevity of the starter/battery, I'm going to bet on.

it gets to be a habit just hit the switch right after start up. until that one time you need to stop and go and you forgot to hit it and the motor dies. so the question is how many @#$%^&^%$ does it take to equal 99 dollars?

Well, if'n your family used a swear jar, growing up, I'd say 99 grawlicks, grawlixes, grawlixs, sh!t, how does a person spell multiple grawlix's?

All done it took me about an hour the above link I found very helpful !!
The only clip I broke was the locking tab to the original switch plug but I think that will be ok.
Works like a champ!!!
Keith

I ordered one too. Should be here this week. I like the idea of being able to turn it off/on at will because I think it can be useful when stuck in traffic but not at stop signs and lights. It's especially bad when you want to move quickly to cut into traffic and you get that 1 second blip where you're not moving.

OK, here's a weird one. For the past few days, I've been leaving it on because, well, diesel prices. Well, now the engine never stops. It's been warm out and as far as I can tell, it's not in regen. Maybe it's the on-off-on the eliminator does on startup? I know that when I push on the button, it will revert back to its previous setting and I have to push it again to get it to stay on or off.

OK, here's a weird one. For the past few days, I've been leaving it on because, well, diesel prices. Well, now the engine never stops. It's been warm out and as far as I can tell, it's not in regen. Maybe it's the on-off-on the eliminator does on startup? I know that when I push on the button, it will revert back to its previous setting and I have to push it again to get it to stay on or off.
How warm? I don't believe the trucks auto stop with the a/c running.

No A/C running. However, I've seen it stop before with the A/C running for the defrost even before I bought it on the test drive. Windows started fogging up and had to turn it off. Hated it even before I bought it.

I’m not sure of the variables myself. It’s not consistent though. If I have the ac on full blast and the truck really isn’t warm yet it will not turn off.

Thats weird Mooseman because in the owners manual it even states that in certain condition (ie: tow mode, AC on, etc) that the auto stop feature is deactivated in those conditions....

Is this after you installed the auto stop eliminator?

Yeah. I think I'll have to contact the vendor. I don't really miss it however I would like the option if needed.

You probably thought of this but are your batteries good? If they are asking for a charge from the alternator then the truck wont shut down. Anything running to create enough draw will do it. Just a thought.

No I haven't. Good point. Battery seems to be fine but I can run a tester on it. I have noticed that voltage doesn't seem to ever drop below 14V lately.

Back