Banks

Old Chevy Guy

Jan 31, 2022
I haven’t seen anything on this forum about banks pedal monster. Someone must have it on their 3.0? I see some guys waiting for the tuner.

I just installed a pedal monster and the Derringer on the 6.6. It had a bad dead pedal, almost dangerousin town. Woke it up.

I don't have the same dead pedal on the 3.0. So like you said, waiting on the tuner, to do the install, all at once.

Let us know what you think!
Love the Banks Pedal Monster. Makes a huge difference. No more hitting the gas from a stoplight and waiting for the power to kick in. I'm sure it may be more of an issue on the big 2500 diesels, but I notice it on my 3.0. Sometimes the lag is bad, sometimes it's just barely noticeable before the pedal monster.

I ordered the Banks Supergauge with pedal monster support. This just allows you to control the pedal monster with the gauge and have a pedal monster parameter on your gauge display. However, I use the phone app to make pedal monster adjustments.

I was sent both units without the cable that actually plugs into the OBD port somehow. They sent me a free cable after I called customer support. I recommend calling them to make sure they get the right equipment for your application.

The gauge is just fun to see what the engine is doing, but I recommend the Pedal Monster for instant take-off with zero lag. I was using the sport mode, but will back it off to City Mode because it's easy to spin the tires when taking off with sport mode. That may be due to the 35 degree temps right now though.

Good to hear. I won’t be ordering one just yet with the price of fuel. At least I’m getting 28 mpg on this tank. A client of ours says he gets up to 38 on his runs to Arizona from Washington. Although he has had transmission problems and is waiting on a new motor after the timing belt broke. He said belt, I thought the 3.0 has a chain? He has 70 k on his 2020 Silverado.

3.0 has chains for valves. Belt for oil pump. You are correct.

Back