Block heater cord

gemarsh

Nebraska, where the Dusty Denali Diesel's roam.
Staff member
Nov 25, 2020
I just found this listing on ebay. I needed a spare for a new truck. Looks like someone is taking them out of new trucks.

Not for me to question, but there is only 9 left. At $39.99, I saved $27 and tax on the spare I bought last winter from my local dealer.

They could have been spares or received extras for some reason. Even at that price, $40US for an electrical cord is still a ripoff.

They could have been spares or received extras for some reason. Even at that price, $40US for an electrical cord is still a ripoff.
I wholeheartedly agree. I would not have any issues with building my own. Last year I spent a good 4 hours searching that damn triangular end. Gave up when I figured my time searching could've bought 5 cords.

I bought this truck used last month from my local Chevy dealer and after I got home I noticed the block heater cord wasn’t in the truck. I called the dealership and asked about the cord and was told there was a recall on the block heater and not to plug it in. Is this for real or bull💩

My truck does not show any recalls by vin. Call your dealer and ask when they are going to perform the recall work on your truck.

Yeah I’m going to follow up on it. I’m going to ask about it when I go in for my next oil change.

Back