@BoostN Duramax 3.0L LM2 Review Edition

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2018
Hi all!

*** 2000 mile update ***

I've owned my truck for about 3 weeks this Friday. I took a vacation traveling 800 miles round trip 4 days after purchase. As you can see in my signature my fuel mileage is around 26MPG currently.. that's 70% highway, 30% city driving for the most part. This last tank I've been mainly around town and a few decent interstate trips, but I expect about 22 MPG or so, will post an update when I fill up in the next few days.

Power:
So far I'm pretty impressed with the snappy and instant torque. The truck responses really well for a factory tune.. granted, the last 4 years I've driven a 2.8L Duramax Colorado (previously all 6.6 Duramax trucks) so I've got a bit more power in this truck than my last. I will be in the market for tune though if they ever do come out. The truck will accelerate at highway speed and allow enough power to pass, something the 2.8L struggled with in certain situations.

Towing:
I will have to report back, as I've towed NOTHING!

Overall, the truck is one of the smoothest riding, driving, and handling trucks I've had. The engine/trans combo is super smooth. Technology wise I love the wireless Apple Carplay and Push button start. I'm able to keep both items in my pocket and just "go". I don't have the safety package, and that's one thing I think I miss after test driving another 3.0L months ago with that package.

I will have more to post as I travel down this road, and will continue to update this thread.

I also am a new 3.0 owner, I agree with all you say except maybe the safety package, I'm content with what safety comes on it currently, I did have a deposit on a truck(5.3 with NO active fuel management) with the safety package, and then out of nowhere this truck showed, I road-tested it and had to have the low rpm torque the diesel offered. I hope I don't have to look back and wonder, as of now looking 100% forward!

***15000 mile update

The truck has been great.. I'm getting my 3rd oil change next week and will be filling my DEF up again (3rd fill I believe, I will have to look at my logs).

I'm still averaging 25 MPG overall. The truck is smooth, has plenty of power for me so far.. and super comfortable for a RST package..

I need to schedule an appt for a software update around the no-start condition as I happen again about 2 weeks ago.

Back