CV joint has vacated the premises šŸ’„

HalfMax

Mar 3, 2022
I grenaded a cv joint this morning while gently negotiating a snowy turn in 4x4ā€¦. Honestly I was just idling around and crank bang snap ā€œ4x4 disengagedā€ šŸ™„šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ˜” I have the lower leveling blocks installed so there may be some truth to the risk of them hitting the bootā€¦. Maybe the boots been torn for a while and the joint finally got tired of chewing on gravel and snapped. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
GM doesnā€™t have a CV joint of course or any idea of when they might have one being on back order like everything else in the world these daysā€¦. Napa has one that we think is right so Iā€™ll be digging into that project tonight after work. šŸ’„šŸ™„šŸ‘ˆ

Attachments

• 30D2E0CB-8B32-4AF3-B41F-BA7B5A18EAD0.jpeg
    30D2E0CB-8B32-4AF3-B41F-BA7B5A18EAD0.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 15
Well. 10 days of ā€œit should be here in the next day or twoā€ and it finally arrived today. Butā€¦ my dealer here says they donā€™t warranty cv axles. You would assume thatā€™s a drive train part but obviously they break to often so they wonā€™t cover it. Thatā€™s what you get for spending a ridiculous amount of money on a new truck 10 days wait for the part they originally said would be 2 days and no warranty. šŸ’„šŸ™„šŸ‘ˆ

I know for a fact GM warranties CV axles. I would maybe fight that one..

Well. 10 days of ā€œit should be here in the next day or twoā€ and it finally arrived today. Butā€¦ my dealer here says they donā€™t warranty cv axles. You would assume thatā€™s a drive train part but obviously they break to often so they wonā€™t cover it. Thatā€™s what you get for spending a ridiculous amount of money on a new truck 10 days wait for the part they originally said would be 2 days and no warranty. šŸ’„šŸ™„šŸ‘ˆ
Not if you changed the factory height and the cv boot ripped, lack of lube, its 100% on you now,

Not if you changed the factory height and the cv boot ripped, lack of lube, its 100% on you now,
Ya exactly I could easily take the little tiny leveling kit off but whatever if another one goes then Iā€™ll be making changes. I see thereā€™s a factory 2ā€ lift backed by GM that comes with cv axles. I imagine itā€™s just an at4 kit? If I break another one Iā€™ll probably go that route.

Ya exactly I could easily take the little tiny leveling kit off but whatever if another one goes then Iā€™ll be making changes. I see thereā€™s a factory 2ā€ lift backed by GM that comes with cv axles. I imagine itā€™s just an at4 kit? If I break another one Iā€™ll probably go that route.
GM does have the factory trail boss/at4 kit you can buy.. and it does come with CV shafts.

I just happen to have both factory front axles just sitting in my garage with less than 7000 miles on them. Wish I had seen this when you were looking for one. Let me know if you want them, I will give you a much better price than the dealer.

Back