Dead battery

cpd682

Sep 10, 2021
Anyone had an issue with battery dying on refresh 22’s or 23’s?
Mine was completely dead last week after sitting about 36 hours. Nothing left on and parked inside.
Dealer said they have seen some issues with 23’s where things do not shut down completely after using remote start but GM has no fix yet.
Truck is 6 months old / 5000 miles. Replaced under warranty no issues.
Curious if anyone else has encountered similar issue.

I have a 20 but I thought I had an issue with the battery that turned out it wasn't the battery. I went to start after work and it did nothing like it didn't have enough power to start. Battery ended up being replaced but it ended up doing it again after a long drive so that time I knew it couldn't be the battery. Disconnected the battery and reconnected and it started right up. After a few times at the dealer and them talking to GM, they think it was a programming issue with the key fobs connecting. They reprogrammed both fobs and so far so good but hope I'm not jinxing anything. Not sure if you know for sure your battery was dead or not but figured I'd throw that out there in case it helps as it acted just like the battery was dead for me.

Good to know. Mine was definitely dead, less than 1 volt on volt meter. Hoping it’s just a failed battery.

Back