Device is Restarting

MoeMoney

Reaction score
My radio unit restarts on and off. It seems to do it more often if my iPhone’s Bluetooth is turned on or if the phone is plugged into the USB charger. I’ve got an appointment at the dealership soon. Anybody deal with this.? What’s the fix? I’m hoping it’s a simple software update. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6122.png
    IMG_6122.png
    469.3 KB · Views: 2
Keep us updated!

Mine does it in the beginning maybe 3 times then it stops. Happens in our Buick Encore also.

Mine does it in the beginning maybe 3 times then it stops. Happens in our Buick Encore also.
Hmmm. Do you notice if it happens more when connecting a phone? Sometimes mine will reset 6-7 times and it completely reboots. Other times it just goes silent for about .5 seconds.

Hmmm. Do you notice if it happens more when connecting a phone? Sometimes mine will reset 6-7 times and it completely reboots. Other times it just goes silent for about .5 seconds.
No, it has never done that. I’m almost always connected to my phone.

Got my truck back yesterday. They did a reflash of the head unit and it appears to have been fixed. The service manager told me that 9 out of 10 of the GM trucks need this reflash to fix radio/head unit issues.

Got my truck back yesterday. They did a reflash of the head unit and it appears to have been fixed. The service manager told me that 9 out of 10 of the GM trucks need this reflash to fix radio/head unit issues.
Well that is a pretty good percentage. I hope it fixes the issue, permanently.

My Wifes 22 Tahoe (same infotainment system as the refresh trucks) is one of the worst functioning systems I've used. It's glitchy and works 2/10 times when I drive it. Freezing/etc.

Back