Electric trucks

I watched that earlier this week. I don't remember the numbers, but I thought to myself, that a person gets to drive 30 minutes longer than it takes to charge.

Something like 1.5hr drive time to 59 minutes of charge time.

If'n a person was smart, he'd put a mega multi charging station in front of a restaurant.

I love the concept for some people, and some locations.. but for the most part, rural america is just not ready for electric trucks. Period... or farming for that matter.

Well I beg to differ, I lived on the farm and we had a old chevy truck, 350 cu, 3 speed on the column, and it was a truck to run errors, drive from field to field, run to town for parts, supplies, and other things, never took it on a long haul trip, so yes the electric truck has a place in rule America.

Well I beg to differ, I lived on the farm and we had a old chevy truck, 350 cu, 3 speed on the column, and it was a truck to run errors, drive from field to field, run to town for parts, supplies, and other things, never took it on a long haul trip, so yes the electric truck has a place in rule America.
I bet most farms have what you are talking about. I have a '90 single cab dually and a '93 single cab stepside that were bought new and were my daily drivers and went cross crountry in their early years. But now are field trucks.

Will we have ev's on the farm? Sure. But I ain't spending 70k for a beater truck, until it's 20k and well broken in.

Ev's are/will be on the farm, for the money maker to drive to her town job, 10 miles away. I won't hesitate to buy her one, if'n that's what she wants. Until ev's grow up, I won't be taking one cross country.

Trailer towing with an EV will be unrealistic. Will there be uses for them, yes, but this ain't it.

On another note, the Ferd is so much inferior that it can't do super cruise like the Denali can.

Wish they would have used the LM2. I had flashbacks to when I was towing with my '08 Avalanche, which had the 6.0L and 4.10 gears along with the 4L70E. Same 6 MPG mileage! Holy crap. They haven't been able to improve it? Glad I have the LM2! I was recently towing our 6500# RV and was averaging between 14-16MPG. Towed it like a dream.

Last edited:
Back