Finally got Torque Pro to work on the infotainment. It's only money. Can't take it with you.

I didn't know that app would show on the screen like that....

I was taking a chance when I ordered the little black box. But it seems to run every android app that I use.

It runs the Agsense app even, so I can control my irrigation pivots from the truck dash screen, which is much larger than my phone, so I can claim the little black box as an farm expense!

As a side benefit with gm's unlimited data plan, I can get the most out of it with youtube, netflix, amazon prime, maps and web browsing the crop markets.

I'm working with a gm tech on the side, on figuring out how to make the wifi stay on, with the ignition off, on demand, so I can pull up to the farm shop and get internet connection to a router.

I need to get velcro to stick in this dang cold weather, but here is where it sets only using the unused usb port in the center console. Has built in gps. Can grab it just as easy as my wallet and plug it into my other 3 vevehicles with infotainment systems.

With the xm app, I can use this with 4 trucks with only 1 plan.

And here our vice president says us country folk can't print out a voter id card!

20220103_142226.jpg

finally this is what i was talking about a year ago kudos to Gemarsh for getting it to work!!!
and the Vice pretendadent said they didn't want rural Americans or any Americans voting at all. if you read between the lines.

Details! We need details! What black box and how you did it. I thought the infotainment unit was locked out from installing anything except what's in GM's list of apps.

Details! We need details! What black box and how you did it. I thought the infotainment unit was locked out from installing anything except what's in GM's list of apps.
I'm assuming one of the car play boxes like this?

It plugs in via USB and let's you run a version of android through Apple car play.

Crowley is correct.

This is what I settled on...

Interesting. Using Apple Car Play to run Android. Thanks for the info. Definitely saved that to my wish list.

Can confirm the CUSP unit works found at the below link at amazon.ca

I installed the Curt Echo Bluetooth Brake Controller app on it as well as my truck didn't come with the GM brake controller. My trailer is in storage so didn't get a chance to test out the controller but it connected to the Echo controller fine by Bluetooth. Display in dash is a little squat together but it's usable.

Attachments

• received_5108611595863735.jpeg
    received_5108611595863735.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 8
  • received_256061489941344.jpeg
    received_256061489941344.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 8
  • received_1522089078190897.jpeg
    received_1522089078190897.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 8
Does the echo controller work as normal? When you push the brake pedal, it applies the trailer brakes? Or do you have to push that big button?

Can you connect 2 or more Bluetooth devices at once and switch between them as wanted?

The Echo controller is supposed to work as a normal brake controller, the big button is only to manually apply trailer brakes like other hard wired brake controllers. If you lose Bluetooth connection with the controller it is supposed to keep the settings last setup/used before disconnection and continue to function as normal. Supposed to be some accelerometers as well that change gain settings for uphill and downhill. Link below for more information.

I have not had a chance to try it out yet, won't until I get my camper out of storage in the spring. One of my buddies used one last year with his Tundra and cell phone and found it worked out good.

Only played around with it shortly but believe you can only have one device connected by Bluetooth at a time.

Where can I find this Torque Pro? I’m assuming it’s a phone app but I’m not finding it in the apple App Store.

I'm not sure that it's available for Apple. I only run android and it's on the Google Play store. The car play boxes that we are using connect to the touch screen by tricking it into thinking its an apple device but it's running a version of Android.

Ah ok, I’d like to have something like that so I can monitor things like when the truck is in regen.

You can check out this app...I haven't used it and may have yearly fee associated with it unless you picked up a cheap android device to run torque.

Back