Finally got...

gemarsh

Nebraska, where the Dusty Denali Diesel's roam.
Staff member
Nov 25, 2020
The dash cover. It's been 2 months. With this inventory depleted, non-working country, weird sh!t is out of stock.

For instance...This week, had to pull a irrigation well 140 foot deep and replace the column and pump. Every 10' columns are bolted together with 8- 1/2x3 bolts. 4 stainless and 4 grade 5. Well guy cannot find the most common 1/2" bolt. Had to go all stainless.

Anyway, the cover was delivered yesterday. Have not put the little velcro strips on, till I fully like it. The fit and hemmed edges are american quality. The cover also does not impede the speaker output. 20210806_111212.jpg20210806_105558.jpg

It goes well with the seat covers. I'm a carhartt fan boy, so happy me.

Here is a exterior view. The color doesn't make a glare on the inside of the glass, but it does seem to make the windshield brighter, without a glare. Will see what it's like at night, the cover is not shiney, so I don't expect a problem.

you can see in the attached file, if a person looks at the hud pocket reflection, it's a true color of the soybeans. Left of the pocket, the reflection makes it appear the beans are golden, about dead from lack of rain.20210806_113402.jpg
20210806_112447.jpg

So why the dash cover, UV protection?? Like the seat covers.. now, I don't work out of mine so no covers here.

The truck has the black interior scheme. It's really dusty here in the country. I don't like to leave the windows down or cracked, when parked, unless we are in town. With the heat we have been having, it gets really hot in there, if you can't park in a building or under a tree. You can feel the heat come off the dash all the time, even with the ac running full out for hours at a time.

First truck with the black interior, will order a different color next time. It's not that the ac won't freeze you out of the cab. It's just that I've never experienced this heat from the dash with gray interiors.

First truck with the black interior, will order a different color next time. It's not that the ac won't freeze you out of the cab. It's just that I've never experienced this heat from the dash with gray interiors.

Good point. Mine is all black as well, and it does get warm in this TN heat for sure. I have a sunshade I use if I'm out of the truck for a period of time.

I got one or two of those things setting around from the Florida days. I will trim one of them up to fit and use it when it will be parked outside for awhile. Thanks for the reminder.

Back