Fuel Filter Change

Feb 17, 2021
3E35BA4D-75FB-4FC4-9042-0ECAA7257265.jpegDidn’t see a thread on this yet, so here’s some info. Took me 10 minutes to do and definitely not rushing. I bought my filter filter from dealership, I will probably get the next one online for half the price. My truck has 22560 miles, fuel filter was at 27%. I included a side by side pic of the old and new filters. I replaced both o-rings and torque spec on cover is 25 N M(Also on cover). Roughly 900 gallons of fuel through the filter, only Shell, Marathon, and BP fuels. Plenty of great YouTube videos out there. I followed Chad Ivan’s video.

I need to get mine changed as well, as I'm around 12K miles right now. Overall it's not that bad... my old colorado filters where about the same after 20K or so.

Have any problems bleeding the system?

I will take a photo when I change mine real soon. It might have a red tint, but that is just the angle of the camera.

Were you able to reset the fuel filter life monitor? I changed mine out at about 20k with 33% left on the filter and it refuses to reset to 100%. I’ve done it more than a dozen times. It seems it makes an audible tone to let me know it’s reset but won’t actually reset. I’ve always changed fuel filters at 20k miles on all my diesels but never had a fuel filter monitor to reset before this truck.

Were you able to reset the fuel filter life monitor? I changed mine out at about 20k with 33% left on the filter and it refuses to reset to 100%. I’ve done it more than a dozen times. It seems it makes an audible tone to let me know it’s reset but won’t actually reset. I’ve always changed fuel filters at 20k miles on all my diesels but never had a fuel filter monitor to reset before this truck.
For me, I held the reset button down. It asked me if I would like to reset, I selected yes and it reset. No probs.

I have changed mine at about 50% recommended interval, cheap filter, easy to change, better than waiting and contaminating pump/injectors, bleed system built-in. no bleed is needed.

When the Duramax first came out, Gm originally said 30k, about 9 months after production there was a reflash and sticker to put on the windshield to change at 15K

Back