Fuel Filter housing

Kegracing

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their fuel filter housing with a metal aftermarket one? I do not like the plastic housing… but love how easy the filter is to replace.
Also, anyone else have issues putting housing/filter back in? Feels too tight, too quick, when o-ring starts into housing.

Thanks
Ken

Yes. I felt the same way. Make sure you lube the o-ring good with fuel and use a six-sided socket.

I bought 3 housings on Amazon from iJFJ for my trucks. No issues with them.

I agree with the ease with filter replacement, but was more impressed with how easily it was to prime.

Thanks gemarsh!
I agree on the easy priming. Also easy to get to. I had a 2003 duramax, and was a pain to reach the filter. Then the pumping to prime…. Loving my LZO so far.

Looks interesting. Would like to know more on what the designers say about the wif sensor.

I saw one design on a ford, that it was recommended to open the drain valve on bottom of the filter every fuel-up.

This adapter looks like ¾ of the filter would be filled with water, before the wif sensor would be triggered. Which, I don't think would be bad, unless you live in a cold climate. But you wouldn't have much filtering media left to do itself job.

Back