Fuel Mileage

CompuDragon

Jan 11, 2021
thought it might be interesting to see who is getting what for millage and whether you are laden and if so how much?

for myself i have not asked mine to haul more than people and around town i get 24.8 average with the "best" leg of a recent trip three hundred and sixty two miles averaged 37.8 that was down hill with the wind at my back. my driving style can best be described as SLOW lost three drag races to city buses picking up passengers so my passengers are shocked if i stand in it a little and show what the truck CAN do. Anyway the more detail the better and remember this forum like most things in life you will get more out of it if you put more into it :)

My overall average is pretty low compared to my 2.8 Colorado. Tow the boat to the lake 3-4 times a month (80 mile round trip) but mostly 34 mile round trip to work 5 days a week. Some city/some highway. Discounting the towing miles, I'm usually in the 20-24 mpg but occasionally only 18-19. Running 70-75 mph highway and whatever traffic is doing off-highway. I know our diesel here absolutely sucks, and we should be out of the winter blend by now, but I expected higher especially not towing. Overall, it is better than my '03 5.3 Sierra.

I've run in "D" in Normal and Sport modes, "L" with me shifting it in both modes. Not much difference. I think the ECM shifts too early most of the time. Should not be in 8th going 35-40 in town.

Lifetime mileage is 22.2. A few 1000 mile trips, but mostly farm miles. Alot of off road miles and alot of idling.

I’m starting a Fuelly tracker on mine. I should report soon. Headed to the beach next week so I should be able to report some good highway numbers.

Just did the math waiting for the wife. My average speed has been 36 mph.

And yes, I have been idling for 21 minutes now!

Attachments

• 20210530_134734.jpg
    20210530_134734.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 5
I’m starting a Fuelly tracker on mine. I should report soon. Headed to the beach next week so I should be able to report some good highway numbers.
i know precisely what you are talking about but when i hear fuelly i see this 1622460781067.png

I use the fuelly App. I average 25mpg in normal driving. 26.5mpg on the highway running 8-9 over. Truck always about 1-1.5mpg better than what the truck says on the trip. I've also been going through a 2.5gal jug of DEF every 2800 miles. Love the truck so far.

Round trip from Texas to Michigan, 150 extra pounds of cargo and driving about 80 averaged 27.7 all highway. I calculated using gallons used and miles driven. The truck said 24.5 mpg. They do read low from what I hear.

Just from the trucks internal trip, I'm getting about 18 to 20 MPG around Miami in traffic. About 17 when I'm towing a boat. Highway miles it jumps up to about 27mpg. I haven't kept track when I'm going off road / dirt roads.

Back