GM 3.0L I6 Duramax Owners Manual

I've got a 21 and it has the dreaded shut down maybe the new 22 don't but I sure do
Are you talking about having the extended parking shut down timer or the auto stop/start?

Auto stop/start
Miss read that sorry have to look into the shut down timer
No worries. Yes, there's alot of confusion with the 2.

The auto stop/start is annoying, but can be beat with the auto stop/start eliminator device. I have it installed and can honestly say I don't even think of it anymore. It just works.

The extended parking shut down timer can be beat by popping the hood and placing tranny in neutral.

That would be a pain. But I have not had my truck shut down with extended parking and now I know why. All the gassers and the other gm diesels have it, with alot of people complaining.

I reread and reread this little one line paragraph... Extended Parking...with a smile on my face. Glad I waited for the 21 model.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210612-214137_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20210612-214137_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 27
Are we talking about a feature that shuts down the engine just as if I shut it down myself, I ask because just yesterday while sitting in my truck at the doctor's waiting on someone it just shut down after running for 60 minutes and wasn't sure why

Are we talking about a feature that shuts down the engine just as if I shut it down myself, I ask because just yesterday while sitting in my truck at the doctor's waiting on someone it just shut down after running for 60 minutes and wasn't sure why
Yes we are. And your truck is a 21 and a 3.0 diesel?

Huh, If'n so, I don't know what to think. Supplement manual says it's not equipped and I am sure my 21 diesel has idled for alot longer than a hour.

Yes it's a 21 Evolution with the 3.0 and I thought it was strange that it shut down like it did never had a vehicle do that but when I tried to restart it started right up so I didn't think anything more about it

Here is the 2021 3.0 Duramax supplement owners manual.

Haven't compared both closely, but the 21's manual has a paragraph saying this model does not have the dreaded extended parking shut down timer...

I don't think that is true. I only say this because I left my truck running and I came back about 25 minutes later and the truck was off...

No worries. Yes, there's alot of confusion with the 2.

The auto stop/start is annoying, but can be beat with the auto stop/start eliminator device. I have it installed and can honestly say I don't even think of it anymore. It just works.

The extended parking shut down timer can be beat by popping the hood and placing tranny in neutral.

That would be a pain. But I have not had my truck shut down with extended parking and now I know why. All the gassers and the other gm diesels have it, with alot of people complaining.

I reread and reread this little one line paragraph... Extended Parking...with a smile on my face. Glad I waited for the 21 model.
Interesting. My neighbor has a brand new 2021 Denali LM2 3.0 and he was idling in his driveway the other day and while we were talking his truck shut off. I will be picking up my new 2021 LM2 3.0 Sierra Elevation next week so am interested if it will have the auto shut down and/or the auto stop/start. Hoping it has neither...

Back