Got the S&B cai installed...heads up

gemarsh

Nebraska, where the Dusty Denali Diesel's roam.
Staff member
Nov 25, 2020
Got the 9L7 upfitter switches delivered yesterday. Weather was nice enough today that I was able to get the S&B cai installed along with the main underhood wiring harness of the 9L7 switches routed into the cab.

Heads up if you are planning to do the 9L7 switches and a cai, have the harness handy to install after you get the oem intake tube removed. You can actually see the little rubber nipple that the harness protrudes the firewall. Before I started the cai, I looked for that nipple. Just no way to get in there and cut the end off of it. And removing the oem tube is a pain, and noway of telling how much worse it would be reinstalling.

Attached is a photo of the harness installed. Wide open space!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210325-175032_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-175032_Gallery.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 10
Forgot to add, that I questioned S&B about having to disable the air filter life monitor in the dic. Response was that the higher air flow, makes the system think there is an issue.

To combat that, as some of you might have guessed that I'm old school, I went old school and installed a Donaldson filter minder.

Attachments

• 20210326_151451.jpg
    20210326_151451.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 8
So, how do you like it... anymore under the hood sound (whistle, etc)?

So, how do you like it... anymore under the hood sound (whistle, etc)?
Absolutely no turbo whine. There is more air flow sound, but not the old school flipping the lid on a quadajet, but more of a deep echo, xlr8ing . Nothing to take away from cruising 80 mph in sound comfort, though.

Will post results of torque pro 0-60 when roads are dry.

Back