Help me pick my tires! Lifted 1500 z71 - don't know jack about rubber!

Putt4Doe

Sep 11, 2023
Hey guys - hope all is well!

I have a '22.5 Silverado with the diesel and a z71 package. I had the dealership install the trail boss lift with leaf springs, and now the rubber looks a little too small, so I'm curious what size (and also what tire) you all would recommend putting on here? For background, I work in real estate and want to avoid something that is a little too aggressive (I can still hear the roar of my Super Swamper tires on my college ride.... man that thing sounded like a Huey!!), and I also want to try and limit the loss of MPG as much as possible, but I'm curious what all terrain you would recommend. I rarely take this rig off-road, but would love to have something that might perform well if so. Appreciate the help and feedback, and would love some pictures if you all have them! Here's my rig as it currently sits:

Silverado.jpg

Tired are so subjective.. but Falken Wildpeaks, Toyo AT3's are good go to tires right now. You're going to hear a bit of noise, but nothing bad at all.

Tired are so subjective.. but Falken Wildpeaks, Toyo AT3's are good go to tires right now. You're going to hear a bit of noise, but nothing bad at all.
Appreciate the feedback! What size would you recommend after the lift? That's my biggest question - also what would fit on the stock wheels with the backspacing

Appreciate the feedback! What size would you recommend after the lift? That's my biggest question - also what would fit on the stock wheels with the backspacing

Nothing over 11 ½".

I'm going with 285/65/20's on mine. Probably buying next month.

The 285 65 20 rub slightly at full lock on my AT4 with 1.75 level. Can’t speak to the 18’s.

Mine are pretty worn so was thinking of going with the 275 65 20 to get a little taller. From what I've read they should fit. Mine just has the Bilstein 5100s to level it, non AT4. Was going to try the Perelli Scorpion AT plus. Looking for winter traction without going to a true winter tire

Back