How’s everyone’s engine doing ??

Welderman

Aug 22, 2020
How’s things going with you guys engines ? Haven’t heard very many comments about how they are doing.
Mine has been running awesome great mileage usually about 29 on my commute to work that is a 40 mile round trip, haven’t towed anything yet getting ready to take my boat to storage so will see how that goes.

That’s not bad fuel mileage for towing a trailer that big only about 6 mpg less than a Tundra with a case of Bush light in the bed. Mine did great towing my boat Didn’t realize it was back there mpg was still 23 All in all I’m very happy with it.

Got 6000miles on my truck and I’ve had it for about a month. 2020 Silverado RST Z71.

I drive on the highway a lot and my average hangs around 26-26.5mpg with some city thrown in there.

haven’t really towed too much, just my dump trailer for a short distance, but we all know the 3.0 pulls like a champ.

Best Milage I got towing 8.5K 24 ft enclosed trailer with race car 14.6 miles total of 750 miles but I used a tank of DEF

Last edited:
love my Gmc Duramax 3.0 9k miles it has more torque and love the 10spd trans it is always in the rite gear under tow so far no problems it averages 3mpg better Than my ram ecodiesel limited which I still own so here we go My Ram 83k miles nothing but problems and always in the shop check engine light always on and just had motor replaced under warranty for egr pipe that broke the only 3 things I like ram over my GMC is the air suspension ride is much smoother the amount of def the ram uses is much less and the interior GM interior needs to be updated.

Looks like 2022 Year model will be updated with a bigger screen, etc.

Only. 1500 miles, but had the CEL pop up. Dealer cleared it and said it was a recall on the ‘diesel exhaust system inactive’. I did have the exhaust recycle light come on when I pulled into my driveway one day. I never shut off the engine and drove around town for about ten miles/ 10-15 minutes. The code on the CEL was 1485, which is a sensor or clamp problem. I have owned 3 6.6 duramax 2003, 2007 & 2011. Love the I6 and ten speed.

Only. 1500 miles, but had the CEL pop up. Dealer cleared it and said it was a recall on the ‘diesel exhaust system inactive’. I did have the exhaust recycle light come on when I pulled into my driveway one day. I never shut off the engine and drove around town for about ten miles/ 10-15 minutes. The code on the CEL was 1485, which is a sensor or clamp problem. I have owned 3 6.6 duramax 2003, 2007 & 2011. Love the I6 and ten speed.

Welcome to the forum!

First time I’ve pulled my 30’ enclosed trailer today. I was going into a bit of a wind and it was minus 20C. No shortage of power, mileage was hanging around 10-11mpg. That’s with two sleds and a pile of furniture in the trailer. I’ve also added airbags to stiffen it up a bit. Oh and put a set of Trail Boss wheels and studded General ATXs for winter.E2144F68-7DDC-4C2F-9FAF-0D694036F40E.jpeg

Last edited:
Just finished trip from Ga to Maine. Usually running between 80 & 90 mph,with some city driving thrown in. Averaged 26.5 mpg. Love this diesel!!! Was also loaded down with luggage,wife,2 dogs,& supplies for a month. 😂photo is driving up us1 at about 40-50 mph.

Attachments

• 741C695C-C797-4DE5-99CD-7DD6E6698247.jpeg
    741C695C-C797-4DE5-99CD-7DD6E6698247.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 7
Just finished trip from Ga to Maine. Usually running between 80 & 90 mph,with some city driving thrown in. Averaged 26.5 mpg. Love this diesel!!! Was also loaded down with luggage,wife,2 dogs,& supplies for a month. 😂photo is driving up us1 at about 40-50 mph.

Great results!

First time I’ve pulled my 30’ enclosed trailer today. I was going into a bit of a wind and it was minus 20C. No shortage of power, mileage was hanging around 10-11mpg. That’s with two sleds and a pile of furniture in the trailer. I’ve also added airbags to stiffen it up a bit. Oh and put a set of Trail Boss wheels and studded General ATXs for winter.View attachment 34
What airbags did you go with?

Reactions: Leo
Back