New truck not starting

Certainly is different than the CNS we have all experienced because on the second attempt, it would always start. Mention (or bring with you) the TSB for no start issues and they will reflash it even if there is no CEL.

If it doesn't fix it and it keeps doing it, try to record a video each time you start it to show it happening, especially if it happens multiple times on the same attempt. Maybe yours has the damaged cam sensor issue that some have had.

God I hope it's not the cam sensor. I would suspect more of a computer thing though since all I did was reset it by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Didn't have time today to call the dealer.

Here's an update to mine. Dealer did the reflash as they said that code was in there. They also had another one for the instrument cluster failing and not recognizing the fob. Now the fun part, because it was an imported Canadian vehicle and the dealer I purchased it from did the conversion, the servicing dealer was saying they were not being allowed to warranty the cluster. Called the original dealer and they said it should be covered. Told them to talk to each other so I wasn't in the middle. Got the call today that they got things straightened out and the part is on order. Hopefully that will fix it as they said they don't know how it's even starting. It was a month and a half between no starts so hopefully I can make it til the part comes in.

Back