New truck not starting

My 2021 elevation 1150k power decreased fans running full.. cel on. Tsb update "suppose" to fix it but the no start cranks a lot is cps sensor needs shim hitting timing chain

All good fixed 100% But would love to know what was changed? Cranks 1 sec longer now to start only thing I notice

My 2021 elevation 1150k power decreased fans running full.. cel on. Tsb update "suppose" to fix it but the no start cranks a lot is cps sensor needs shim hitting timing chain
You say you have a CEL, what was the code? For the rest of us who got the update for the crank no start, which was just once but would start on second attempt, the update fixed it. If yours doesn't start at all, then that's another issue. Sounds like you have a totally different problem.

I have only had the ECNS issue twice in over 5000 miles. Wondering if it is worth getting the reflash...

Depends if you're afraid if it will happen again. I got it done after only getting it twice. The dealer wouldn't know the history from the ECU as it didn't show anywhere, no code and started fine for them after an overnight stay. Even the tech called me and I had to tell him about the bulletin and the update. Since mine did it twice in 1600 km, I got it done. Peace of mind.

After 10 min in the middle of no where with no help around I disconnected the battery let is sit for 5 min the reconnected and it started???
This has happened twice in the first 2 weeks going back to the dealer as soon as my trip is over.
Anyone have this happen?
Just happened to me for the second time. I tried 4 times. No dice. I unhooked the negative cable for 30sec. Reconnected and it fired right up. Definitely something electrical.

Just happened to me for the second time. I tried 4 times. No dice. I unhooked the negative cable for 30sec. Reconnected and it fired right up. Definitely something electrical.
As Mooseman said your condition is completely different than what the reflash fixed on our trucks, Everyone so far that I have talked to had an instant restart after the first fail. yours seems to be a completely different condition. Let the dealer figure it out as you stated after your trip.

As Mooseman said your condition is completely different than what the reflash fixed on our trucks, Everyone so far that I have talked to had an instant restart after the first fail. yours seems to be a completely different condition. Let the dealer figure it out as you stated after your trip.
Agreed. Truck goes in Tuesday morning.

Had it happen 1 time every 1000 miles approx, for the first 11,000 miles, got the reflash, and its been all good since
Has happened to me several times I love this truck but this has me frustrated out going to take it to the dealer tomorrow for the reflash thanks for your info. What was reflash called by any chance

Alright guys I was curious and drove to my father laws he has the hd 2500 2020 duramax and I told him let me start your truck and guess what it’s started the same way the 3.0 Duramax starts now after the update. So technically the one second delay on the crank is no delay at all it’s the way it was meant to be. Thanks all for the info once again enjoy the baby duramax!!!!!

So I think I had a version of this. 1st time was after work. Tried remote start and it sounded like it may have tried but wasn't close enough to hear. When I got up to it and it wasn't running I got in and pushed the button and got nothing, didn't even try to crank. Gauges just did the sweep but no starting. It was cold out so I thought maybe the battery went low so had someone jump it. After leaving the cables on for a bit, got in and it started up but CEL came on. Made an appointment and brought it in and dealer said it was the battery and put a new one in it. That was about a month and a half ago.
Now today after about an hour drive I shut it off and then went to restart it about 5 minutes later and it cranked for a few seconds but didn't start. Pushed the button again and got nothing like the last time. Gauges sweep but no cranking. Figuring there's no way the battery can be dead I disconnected it for a few seconds and reconnected and it fired up. No CEL this time. Have to call the dealer but wonder if they will do anything without a CEL. Don't know if it had the reflash prev as I bought it used. Anyone have the TSB number I could tell the dealer about. Mine is a 2020 if it makes a difference.

Back