New TSB Issued For Duramax 3.0L LM2 and 6.6L LP5 Diesel P206B, Emission & Exhaust Fluid Errors

Eastwood

May 18, 2021
I haven't seen this TSB before. If anyone can post the link to this bulletin it would be appreciated.

General Motors is addressing an issue that may cause check engine lights on 2020/2021 Diesel Silverado and Sierra pickups. Both 3.0L and 6.6L Diesel Duramax engines could have an error related to the emission and/or exhaust fluid systems.

Technical Service Bulletin: #21-NA-07
Release Date: 1/20/2021

If you've had the update done for the CNS, it should have included this one.
Not sure if I've had the CNS update done, however over the internet my truck has down loaded some updates that I'm unaware of what they were. I've never had the long crank no start with my truck as of today also.

Does that include updates to the PCM? The radio I could understand but the major modules I don't know. Haven't heard if our trucks can do OTA (over the air) updates like this. If that's the case, then why did we have to make dealers do the update for the CNS?

Does that include updates to the PCM? The radio I could understand but the major modules I don't know. Haven't heard if our trucks can do OTA (over the air) updates like this. If that's the case, then why did we have to make dealers do the update for the CNS?
Not sure, my truck has had two updates over the air and don't have a clue what they were. So I guess when I do my next oil change I'll ask about the over the air updates and what they include and let your know.

Back