Newby Looking to program a new key fob

flylow

Feb 9, 2024
Just got a 2023 GMC 3.0. Love it so far... lost one of the remote key fob, still have 1 that works. Was wandering if anyone here knows how to program a new key fob?
Also, during the first week, I got 38 mpg on the highway in warm weather. Now that I am back in sub zero weather getting 20-26. Hoping spring arrives soon!

Welcome.

The process is in the owners manual. It's really easy with two fobs for the truck, as I have added a third remote for my trucks.

I have not added a remote with only 1 original, but I do remember thumbing thru the process.

Found it. Warning. This is for the pre-refresh...

Screenshot_20240209_213209_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20240209_213256_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Thanks GEMARSH for the quick reply...My truck hardly came with any manuals. The dealership said I would have to download them...trying to save money I guess. My truck has a console that goes all the way forward with the gear shifter next to the cup holders. I have looked everywhere for the transmitter pocket and have tried putting the good fob in the cupholders and all the nooks and crannies. when I put the good key in the door and turn 5 times counter clockwise absolutely nothing happens. I will look again in better light tomorrow and try to find a transmitter pocket.

I did see a video about a month ago, before I had the new fob that explained how to do it... all that I can remember is him sitting in the seat pressing the start engine button 5 times in 10 seconds. For the life of me, I cannot find that video now...I haven't given up! Will continue to try all possibilities and look for more info online. Thank you again!

I was wondering about that with the new global b system. Not saying it can't be done, but gm won't tell a person how in the manual.

I downloaded the manual for the '22 and the process is not there. Saying to go to dealer and make them money.

But this screenshot is where your "pocket" should be. Keep it in mind. If your battery dies, this pocket will keep you rolling...

Screenshot_20240210_001030_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Wow, Thanks @gemarsh. That's one step closer!!! I'll keep looking for that video I saw a couple of months back. Appreciate all the help.

Back