Power Running Boards

Black Sunshine

Oct 14, 2022
Truck came without any running boards - shorter passengers have been complaining that it is too big of a step to get in.

I like clean the look of the truck without them, but the whining passengers got me thinking a bit more about it.

After doing a bit of research I decided to order a set of PSR51920 Rough Country Power Running Boards (E-Boards) - hopefully get them in the next few days.

Going to install them myself, will post up some pics of the truck before and after and report back on the install procedure.

I did a quick search of the forum and didn't see any other posts about them - that doesn't mean others haven't already installed some and not posted.

Anyone else have any experience with the Rough Country E-Boards?

I didn't install the ones my dad put on his truck, but so far they are nice and been in use for about 6 months now. The only complaint is the lights that come with the boards will not stay "stuck" to the underbody. At this point I might use liquid nail :D

Ah, gotcha - I'll be sure the surface is super clean before sticking them on - thanks for the tip!

Intersted in how the install goes, I’ve been looking at these myself.

I have the AMP power boards (mainly because I got a KILLER deal on a used set for $800 CDN). They work great. My short wife loves them. LOL. Super easy hook up and runs off the OBD port. I bought a Banks OBD splitter to run the boards and the iDash gage. The one thing I didn’t like with the RBP boards is you had to add the switches to the door jamb (not sure they are still like that or not). The power boards are nice because they tuck up very close to the body and blend in so you don’t really notice them. They also don’t reduce ground clearance as everything seems to still be higher than the bottom of the frame rails.

Here are the AMP Research boards on my truck. They are CC length boards but they also fit the double cab just fine by just sliding them a little further forward and clamping in this position.20230503_164117.jpeg20230503_164136.jpeg

Back