Questions about my new 2021 1500 Chevy 6 cyl. Diesel?? What is a normal oil pressure mine is below 40 ? Charging volts ? Mine is at 12. The EC/NS,

All looks normal, oil pump is a variable vane pump. Will build pressure when required. Saves fuel not pumping full pressure all the time. Same with the alternator.

All looks normal, oil pump is a variable vane pump. Will build pressure when required. Saves fuel not pumping full pressure all the time. Same with the alternator.
Thx for the reply. I have an appointment next Weds to checkout the ec ns

mine is way different little blue bars for gas left gauges are a bit more square ....what ...oil pressure!?......never mind.

Ditto here. Mine's metric but the needles point the same. For the voltage, this is normal. For years now, GM has been using a SARVC module to bring down alternator output when power demand is low to protect the battery from overcharging. As soon as you have higher current draw, it will go back up to 14V+. Another little known fact, it will also stay high if you put it in tow/haul mode for charging the trailer's battery through the BAT+ wire in the 7 way plug.

Back