Radio unresponsive.. then back on.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2018
Anyone had this happen... my buddies 2020 RST w/Duramax was driving and the radio went black, completely unresponsive. Got home, restarted the truck and it's back on again.. Software glitch or ?

Every now and again my trailer screen will go black when selected but if I shut off the truck and restart it comes back on but never while driving 🤷

Anyone had this happen... my buddies 2020 RST w/Duramax was driving and the radio went black, completely unresponsive. Got home, restarted the truck and it's back on again.. Software glitch or ?
I have the Lt w/duramax and I had the same issue. Mine was blacked out when I started the truck. I shut the truck off and on again and it was still blacked out. 8 hours later I tried it again and it was working, it was 18degrees out that morning and it warmed up to 45 when it worked. Not sure if the cold weather played a role in it or not.

Had the same issue with my HighCountry, the dealer downloaded a new update that came out a few weeks ago. Haven’t had the issue since.

Had the unresponsive radio issues with my 2020 1500 Duramax HC during one a trip with multiple stops. Radio started working later the day but then the browse FM stations function wouldn't pickup any stations. Plan to take it to the dealer for the first oil change to have them look at the radio.

Had the unresponsive radio issues with my 2020 1500 Duramax HC during one a trip with multiple stops. Radio started working later the day but then the browse FM stations function wouldn't pickup any stations. Plan to take it to the dealer for the first oil change to have them look at the radio.
Had a similar issue have the dealer update the software if they tell you it’s already updated then they need to dump and reload it again. That’s what the dealer did to mine and it’s working fine. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Back