Reduced engine power warning

gjb56

May 9, 2021
2021 Denali 4WD, 32k miles. It seems okay (at least around the block) if I keep it under 20mph. As soon as I accelerate, I get the warning and it dies. It does start every time but the dealer is too far away and too much traffic to chance driving, so I had it towed. Internet searches alluded to a bad ECU. Fingers crossed that the dealer will actually find a faulty part and not just reset something. I will post when I get my truck back from the shop.

Got my truck back and running great. Dealer said it was diesel gelling because it was too cold. They claim to have done nothing except kept it in the heated shop overnight. Not sure I am sold on the story

What have your temps been? Running a mix of #1 and #2? Any anti-gel additive?

it was around 9 - 15 for over 24hrs. I did not have any anti-gel additive (but I do now). Hopefully that is all it was. since it is still running great

It's been really, really cold here the past 3-4 days, lows being around -5 for a day or so overnight (I'm in TN) with no added fuel additives and I didn't gel. I was surprised to be honest, but weird how yours did. I know some states will do a blend during winter, but I'm not sure how strong TN's actually is.

Been -25 here, I have not gelled. Running stanadyne blue.
Are you running pump fuel or pumping out of your bulk tank?

I'm running out of a bulk tank. 50/50, but also supplement every fill will OptiLube.

I ask, because when we had those days of neg degree highs, my transfer pump was down to a dribble. Don't know it it was the 10 micron filter or if it was the nozzle. But I have to find out what.

20161224_120038.jpg

Just running pump fuel. I wasn't aware that I needed an anti-gel additive. Live and learn. after doing some reading, I will probably put in an additive on every tank. I suppose it couldn't hurt.

Are you running pump fuel or pumping out of your bulk tank?

I'm running out of a bulk tank. 50/50, but also supplement every fill will OptiLube.

I ask, because when we had those days of neg degree highs, my transfer pump was down to a dribble. Don't know it it was the 10 micron filter or if it was the nozzle. But I have to find out what.

View attachment 998
Just running pump fuel.

Back