Regeneration-Exhaust

rbdjr

Jun 23, 2021
I have owned my 2021 since July 4th weekend, I currently have 13,000 miles. I have had the no Start reflash performed and have done oil changes and fuel filter changes.
I have used 5.5 gals of Def fluid, as my daily trips average 16/20 miles 5 days a week, the weekend is when I put higher miles on. My question is with my short trips is forced regen a good Idea since I have a diagnostic tool that has that option. Seems like my truck does not get a lot of regens and I'm concerned about a particulate filter becoming restricted to the point of replacement prematurely. Can it hurt anything by doing a forced regen on a long stretch of 20/50 miles? I do tow but just a couple of kayaks are very light.

I really don't think you will gain much from a manual regen, unless you can't get a normal regen to complete.

Don't forget about your 100k emissions warranty.

I thought emissions were 8/80k? I better read a bit more thanks

Nope, you're correct. I was confusing powertrain. My apologies.

I thought emissions were 8/80k? I better read a bit more thanksFederal Emission Warranty Coverage
I looked at my book for what is covered by warranty and found this also. Federal Emission Warranty Coverage
. For Passenger Car or Light Duty Truck with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 8,500 lbs. or less
‐ 2 years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first for Emissions related parts

Back