Small 2" Lift for my RST

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2018
I see a lot of people mentioning the factory 2" trail boss kit. It's $1295 for the kit, then about 500 labor for install. My dealer told me $1850 + Tax.

Other forums have a lot of opinions that the factory kit is a bit expensive for what you get. Granted, warranty isn't affected with the GM kit but I've never been worried to much about that.

Any other thoughts? I'm looking to beef up the stance a bit, as this truck just sits to low for my liking.

This is one kit I found:

Looking at this one:

or.

My RST sits high enough, the front seems a tad lower than the rear? I was thinking maybe 2 or the top strut spacers? not sure how they work? how they affect the alignment as if there is enough adjustments after install to dial in alignment, and how they affect suspension travel and if it gets stretched out and things start to break? Anyone install and have had bad or good things to say?

For the 2" leveling kit that adds a spacer bottom or top of the strut, any anyone has any experience as far as one being better than the other? Top spacer vs Bottom spacer?

Top spacer is safer they safe for the angles/UCAs.

Bilsteins for my truck seem to be out of stock everywhere.. but I've pretty much made up my mind to go with those and a 2" rear block.

Top spacer is safer they safe for the angles/UCAs.

Bilsteins for my truck seem to be out of stock everywhere.. but I've pretty much made up my mind to go with those and a 2" rear block.
Did you go this route? The bilsteins are a higher strut? I want a couple inches higher in front and levelled. I haven’t measured yet but I’m thinking the front is about 1” or so lower than the rear at stock?

I've almost decided on the Bilstiens.. but just out of stock so I'm in a holding pattern. I will say it's a job itself finding out the right parts/stance for these.

Agreed! I measured mine and 2” in the front would be too much unless I bump the back up a little too. So now I’m stuck trying to decide if I’d be happy with 1” in the front or if I’m lifting the whole truck and if so how much haha I don’t want to destroy the amazing fuel economy I’m getting. But it’s mud season here and it’s to low. 🤦🏻‍♂️

2021 RST, 4x4, crew,3.0L, short bed. factory tire size 275/60/R20, Goodyear Wrangler TrailRunner AT

I installed the top of Strut 2" round spacer(MotorFab) in front of the truck, was a bit front high after this should have done 1.5"

I installed 1" rear kit in rear( Supreme Suspensions ) Blocks and U bolts after the front was actually higher when installed the 2" kit in front

Performed an Alignment and was able to gain all factory specs with adjustments provided, I like all but down the road when Bilstein 5100 s when they become available I will install those in rear, now a bit choppy on corners that have some bumps, but I do run 50psi in tires all around, but if I put 200 pounds in back it feels great
Also Installed iBoard, by APS 5" Wheel to Wheel running boards

Attachments

• IMG-3831.jpg
    IMG-3831.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-3830.jpg
    IMG-3830.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 20
I
2021 RST, 4x4, crew,3.0L, short bed. factory tire size 275/60/R20, Goodyear Wrangler TrailRunner AT

I installed the top of Strut 2" round spacer(MotorFab) in front of the truck, was a bit front high after this should have done 1.5"

I installed 1" rear kit in rear( Supreme Suspensions ) Blocks and U bolts after the front was actually higher when installed the 2" kit in front

Performed an Alignment and was able to gain all factory specs with adjustments provided, I like all but down the road when Bilstein 5100 s when they become available I will install those in rear, now a bit choppy on corners that have some bumps, but I do run 50psi in tires all around, but if I put 200 pounds in back it feels great
Also Installed iBoard, by APS 5" Wheel to Wheel running boards
think this would work for me too. Looks just right. So I’m either going to go 1-1/2” in the front or do like you did 2” and 1” in the back and if I go with the latter I still have to decide on spacers and blocks or bilsteins. 🤔🤔 btw did you notice how much fuel economy you lost post lift?

I

think this would work for me too. Looks just right. So I’m either going to go 1-1/2” in the front or do like you did 2” and 1” in the back and if I go with the latter I still have to decide on spacers and blocks or bilsteins. 🤔🤔 btw did you notice how much fuel economy you lost post lift?
The shocks wont change the ride height, you might need a different model depending on how much you raise the rear with blocks or? But shocks won't change ride height unless they are coil-overs.
As fuel miles, my best was last July to Virginia and back to NJ with 4 people and luggage for a week and a 12ft kyack on a bed top carrier got 34.3 then.
I'm averaging now winter months here in NJ with the zip code winterized fuel and getting between 24/27 depending on when and how long I use remote start. I have taken notice I believe I get better mpg if I switch to sport mode.
I just turned over 15K.
I also installed the Boost Auto ( https://boost-auto-parts.myshopify.com/pages/gm ) Phone charger in the center console lid. Good Product and GOOD COMPANY TO deal with.
Also, Start/Stop Eliminator ( https://www.autostopeliminator.com/ ) harness kit was one of the first Mods I did.

The shocks wont change the ride height, you might need a different model depending on how much you raise the rear with blocks or? But shocks won't change ride height unless they are coil-overs.
As fuel miles, my best was last July to Virginia and back to NJ with 4 people and luggage for a week and a 12ft kyack on a bed top carrier got 34.3 then.
I'm averaging now winter months here in NJ with the zip code winterized fuel and getting between 24/27 depending on when and how long I use remote start. I have taken notice I believe I get better mpg if I switch to sport mode.
I just turned over 15K.
I also installed the Boost Auto ( https://boost-auto-parts.myshopify.com/pages/gm ) Phone charger in the center console lid. Good Product and GOOD COMPANY TO deal with.
Also, Start/Stop Eliminator ( https://www.autostopeliminator.com/ ) harness kit was one of the first Mods I did.
I meant the coil overs with adjustable notches for lift. I’ve read just a leveling kit Costs 1-2mpg but I guess we’ll see I travel the same 60 miles to work and back every day so it’ll be simple to test. I don’t have much choice I spend months in the snow and months in the mud and she’s just a bit low. I also run sport mode after reading some of the posts here about it. As for the auto stop I just hit the button every time I start it haha I can hit that button a lot of times for what the bypass costs.

I meant the coil overs with adjustable notches for lift. I’ve read just a leveling kit Costs 1-2mpg but I guess we’ll see I travel the same 60 miles to work and back every day so it’ll be simple to test. I don’t have much choice I spend months in the snow and months in the mud and she’s just a bit low. I also run sport mode after reading some of the posts here about it. As for the auto stop I just hit the button every time I start it haha I can hit that button a lot of times for what the bypass costs.
I wish mine would stay in sport mode, I always forget to put in every startup. lol maybe someone will come with a harness kit for that

Back