Soybeans for tires.

Yeah, and adding it to wiring insulation is why rodents eat it. Stupid, stupid use in that application.

Biodisel and ethanol also terrible uses of crops. Better used to feed things, not diminish use of the energy in fossil fuels. Alcohol helps to race, not get a vehicle down the road economically plus the added energy to make a lower MPG fuel is just insanity.

You are absolutely correct on soy insulation. Farm equipment raises the product that mice eat, damaging the farm equipment!

I might be biased as I raise corn, but I feel grain alcohol is better than MTBE as a octane and oxygenator booster.

E85is 70% efficient to straight gasoline and is never ever 70% cost so the loss is crazy as you pay more for less plus the energy use to refine it. Ethanol needs to just go away.

Yeah, and adding it to wiring insulation is why rodents eat it. Stupid, stupid use in that application.
Rodents have been chewing insulation on cars/trucks for 45 years, so much for soybean oil insulation.

E85is 70% efficient to straight gasoline and is never ever 70% cost so the loss is crazy as you pay more for less plus the energy use to refine it. Ethanol needs to just go away.
But you do get controled burn/high octane.

Back