Tire pressure

Mine came with various pressure 38 37 40 and 39 😂
Door says 35 just wondering what everyone’s going with.

If I'm not towing, I do run it a bit lower than the rating as it rides a bit better in my opinion.

I will be the odd man out. I run right up to the max pressure of 50lbs. But there is more likely a pallet of seed or chemicals or wood or salt blocks or pulling a cat mtl on a trailer. Also have a full to the lid crossover toolbox.

But I have replaced the oem 22" tires.

I will be the odd man out. I run right up to the max pressure of 50lbs. But there is more likely a pallet of seed or chemicals or wood or salt blocks or pulling a cat mtl on a trailer. Also have a full to the lid crossover toolbox.

But I have replaced the oem 22" tires.
I to running 50psi all around, good for miles and tire wear also, ride a bit stiffer I can deal with that. Onstar tells me tire PSI to high LOL:rolleyes:

Last edited:
There is a way to determine proper pressure using chalk:

I've never done it but I should since I don't run the OEM tires. It could also be done loaded and unloaded. I used to run max pressure (not on this truck) and wound up getting bald in the middle. I'm currently running 40 psi on the Cooper Discoverer AT3. I should rotate them.

I have worked in the auto industry for over 40 years on the repair side and currently still do, Every car I ever owned I have run the max pressure that's on the tire, not the door sticker which is truly recommended. I run usually 10 to 20psi over the sticker on the door and NEVER experienced bald tires in the middle, what I have experienced are better fuel mileage and longer tread life, and a bit stiffer ride. I must say I'm not an aggressive driver.

Back