tow/haul

tim osborn

Jan 29, 2023
On my previous gm (gas) trucks I had tow/haul buttons. My new 2022.5, 1/2 ton RST with max tow package, 3.73 gear, 3.0 duramax has no tow/haul button per say, just a "engine brake" (LOL) with the "tow/haul" symbol on it. Doesn't seem to change the shift pattern accelerating or decelerating when a towing 6K TT. Question: Why is there no dedicated tow/haul on this truck? Dealer says the engine brake is the tow/haul button. Any Ideas?

If it's not on the knob/switch to control 2x4/4x4, modes, you don't have it. Page 243 of the '22's om...

Screenshot_20230129_112759_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I don't understand what the centerstack tow/haul button really does, except shut off the start/stop joke. If equipped, it makes steering firmer. Page 233 of the om...Screenshot_20230129_113419_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I don't know enough on the refresh trucks and haven't read the om. Is this a 2x4 truck? As in, you don't have the knob/switch that is shown on page 243, at all? And 2x4 has it on the center stack?

And... welcome.

Pictures? Maybe even include some of the left side of the steering wheel of the dash.

Back