[UPDATE] GM putting hold on 3.0L Duramax for 22 year models through 2021

Apparently the extra tech is the problem since they are supposed to have restarted building the 3.0. Heated seats and steering are being deleted from trims below the Denali. That might be hanging it up but I'm surprised yours is still waiting. Mine was ordered around the same time and it came in in late Sept.

I say hold on to your order. Ask if it's built but waiting for components. They might also be trying to get you out of it because they can charge you more for a 2022, force you to take their financing and other unwanted options. Some dealers have been jacking the prices up way above MSRP and not budging because they know they can sell it to someone more desperate. That's why I decided to get the 2021 instead of waiting for a 2022 despite the lower towing rating.
Thanks very much for the reply. I was sort of feeling like maybe that was the dealership angle. However they are telling me they will honor the 21 price on what will now be a 22.

They are saying they will let me modify the order, So I’m trying to figure out how much to pare it down.

Definitely don’t want to give up heated leather seats in Minnesota with dogs:)

They are saying they will let me modify the order, So I’m trying to figure out how much to pare it down.

Definitely don’t want to give up heated leather seats in Minnesota with dogs:)
You might have to if it's not a Denali.

and all but the highest trim levels for the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra will forego the extra heat... And though the measure is listed as temporary, it will remain in effect through the entire 2022 model year. That means your $60,000 GMC Sierra AT4 crew cab pickup won't have luxury items available on a $24,000 Kia Soul. However, you will get heated seats if you step up to a $62,000 Sierra Denali.

Back