Video: GM shutting down production

Mooseman

Oct 19, 2021
Waiting for a new truck? May have to wait even longer :(

I'm glad I got mine last year. This year is gonna be a waiting game.

I'm glad I got mine last year. This year is gonna be a waiting game.

Seems like it's never ending..

I do feel like a lot more "new" trucks being shown for sale now.. I feel like it's not as bad currently as it was last year.

I feel its all a hoax, don't have to make more trucks when you can drive the prices higher, have you seen the big three profits for last year, with chip shortage record profits, so tell my why would they want the so called chip shortage to end?
My thought and opinion, your mileage may vary!

I agree Marvin however in a free market they would all have to be collaborating together to agree to keep vehicles off the market. Once one of them starts pumping out more then the others it all falls apart if it's a hoax. Not that it's impossible for them to be in together, they work together on different projects already. I'm sure they are not pushing for more chips all that hard 😉

From the same guys in the video, apparently all automakers want to start cutting out dealers. Ford is going to sell their EVs directly bypassing dealers, like Tesla. And they don't want them to have stock anymore, basically just building to order. So basically all those dealers with acres of lot space will stay empty. No more dealing down on old stock on the lot. MSRP is THE price.

I know we are supposed to live in a free market but I don’t believe it’s true, gas stations selling all at the same price all stations raising prices at the same time, prices at the stores all most all the same maybe in the old days not anymore

And by creating an artificially low inventory and availability, it also keeps the used market prices high.

From the same guys in the video, apparently all automakers want to start cutting out dealers. Ford is going to sell their EVs directly bypassing dealers, like Tesla. And they don't want them to have stock anymore, basically just building to order. So basically all those dealers with acres of lot space will stay empty. No more dealing down on old stock on the lot. MSRP is THE price.
I sure hope that never happens. Granted you're cutting out the middle man, but what about service, warranty repair, etc...is GM going to man all of those service centers?

I would see lawsuits by the dealers for breach of contract if the automakers are deliberately doing this. And they just finished spanking the dealers that were selling above MSRP.

I took my wife’s Explorer to our Ford dealership to get an oil change last Saturday. I was walking around the lot and saw a new Bronco that had a 5K mark up. I just don’t see how they get away with it.

Back