What are your Diesel fuel prices?

Mooseman

Oct 19, 2021
We are getting totally reamed lately. Saw some prices between here and Long Island last week, which were between 4.99 and 5.49/gal. Yesterday I got totally floored when prices jumped here from CAD 1.99/L to 2.27/L ($5.89USD/gal to $6.72USD/gal). Regular gas has been rather steady around CAD 1.74/L ($1.36USD/gal).

I even went so far as use an online fuel cost estimator to compare using my old TrailBlazer (~16MPG) with the Sierra (~24MPG) and the Sierra is cheaper only by about $20 on a 500km trip. Factor in the cost of DEF and it's just about even. I may use the TB more just to save on wear and tear on the Sierra.

So what are your prices like?

4.89 right now..

You can see what I've paid over the last few fill ups:

1651281087089.png

I also use Fuelly. Handy app for tracking MPG and fuel. Finally found how to add the banner to my sig.

My average MPG is lower probably because of the cold weather, running it to warm it up, and occasional towing. Hopefully it improves during the summer.

Log.jpg

The price is in CAD$ so it went from $4.58USD up to $6.53USD/gal. And we can see when the war started. ☹️

Last edited:
West Central NJ $5.99 everwhere, is the lowest, last week 3 increases from $5.05 gal to $5.99

It was $5.19 last night, and 4.99 down the road.. going up it seems.

Screenshot_20220502-173031_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I purchase by the tank wagon. Contracted a red #2 load, for 3.93 for fall harvest. .05 discount paid in advance. Looks like clear #2 at todays prices is 5.45. Still burning 2.60 right now. If'n I don't have to replant, I should have enough to get to September. USD prices.

It's all part of the plan to push the so called "clean" electric. Good luck being able to travel over 100 miles from your house. Just another way to lock people down.

As high as $5.39 in central indiana. $5.55 at truck stops.
I noticed that it was more expensive at truck stops. I would have thought they gave a better prices because they sell in larger quantities and have accounts with them.

Maybe it's because they need larger facilities to accommodate them. Property taxes are a bitch.

Back