What should I delete for reliability

skchick

New member
Joined
Apr 5, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Hello everyone, I recently picked up a 2019 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Longhorn. Right off the lot I got a check engine light for the DPF, and the truck has now been stuck at the shop for three weeks because the part is on backorder. I’m starting to wonder what the best options are for building a reliable 6.7, and I’m seriously considering a 2019 ram 2500 delete kit once my factory warranty is up.
I’m not chasing extra power or speed — my main goal is long‑term reliability and keeping this truck running strong. I’d appreciate any input or experiences you guys have with different delete setups
 
Last edited:
Don't know much about Dodge, but for reliable, eliminate all emissions.
 
Hello everyone, I recently picked up a 2019 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Longhorn. Right off the lot I got a check engine light for the DPF, and the truck has now been stuck at the shop for three weeks because the part is on backorder. I’m starting to wonder what the best options are for building a reliable 6.7, and I’m seriously considering a 2019 ram 2500 delete kit once my factory warranty is up.
I’m not chasing extra power or speed — my main goal is long‑term reliability and keeping this truck running strong. I’d appreciate any input or experiences you guys have with different delete setups
Sounds like you’re dealing with the classic DPF headaches already. On the Powerstroke side I went with the EngineGo 6.7 Powerstroke EGR Delete Kit and it made a noticeable difference in how clean the system stayed. Not the same engine, but the principle is similar — remove the parts that constantly fail and the truck just runs more consistently without the constant limp-mode threats.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top