Who uses a fuel additive?

ivey_usmc

Reaction score
I have a buddy that has had several ford diesels and always uses fuel additives. Does anyone else use them and if so how often and what brand? New to the diesel world and trying to learn about them.

I've had diesels before and always used additives. With nothing but biodiesel available where I live, I currently use Opti-Lube XPD. It makes a difference IMO. Seems to run smoother and quieter, even during regens.

GM recommends ACDelco Fuel System Treatment Plus - Diesel. It's a bit pricey. After a little research, I think I'm going to try Stanadyne.

I've had diesels before and always used additives. With nothing but biodiesel available where I live, I currently use Opti-Lube XPD. It makes a difference IMO. Seems to run smoother and quieter, even during regens.
Same here. Year round.

I think I'm going to try Stanadyne.
I was a heavy user of that on my 06 LBZ Duramax.. for some reason, I just stopped using it. I can't say it help me, but I can't say it hurt me either.

I was a heavy user of that on my 06 LBZ Duramax.. for some reason, I just stopped using it. I can't say it help me, but I can't say it hurt me either.
What do you use now?

I started out using Amsoil. I tried Hotshot and it was noticeably better on mileage and runs smoother.

I may re-think or change what I use for fuel treatment. I noticed that the stations where I live have switched to 100% renewable diesel. I've read good things about the fuel vs bio-diesel and diesel #2. Seems adding a cetane booster is overkill. But still concerned about lubricity.

Back