Will a thermal bypass void warranty?

Ohio Angler

Reaction score
I am considering the PPE thermal bypass for my 2024 AT4.
I tow my boat all over the east coast fishing tournaments and want this thing to last as long as possible. The bypass seems to aid in cooling things down a bit and quicker.
I just don't want to void my warranty. I've got 94,000 miles till it's up.
Thanks,
Jerod

Likely not, but the dealer also drives that conversation a lot it seems. However, If you have a catastrophic issue don't be alarmed if GM rep comes down and points to that, when in fact it's 99.9% chance the part/mod has nothing to do with the failure.

I am considering the PPE thermal bypass for my 2024 AT4.
I tow my boat all over the east coast fishing tournaments and want this thing to last as long as possible. The bypass seems to aid in cooling things down a bit and quicker.
I just don't want to void my warranty. I've got 94,000 miles till it's up.
Thanks,
Jerod
Jerod,

I have a 2024 Silverado RST Crew Cab with the 3.0 Diesel. I had both PPE's, Engine Oil, and Transmission pans, as well as their thermal By-pass valve installed. In addition, I replaced the engine oil, transmission oil, and both front and rear transfer case oil, all with Amsoil oils. The changes were done at approximately 12,000 km. Prior to the changes, the transmission temperature was a consistent 92' C (198' F) on round trips of 287 km each direction to our cottage. After the changes, the transmission temperature now runs anywhere from 44' C (111' F) - 53' C (127' F). When I stop and idle for 5 minutes, the temperature rises slightly about 3 - 5' C. I do not tow any trailers. Highest mpg attained to date was 36 mpg (Imperial gallon) 30.0 mpg (U.S. gallon), not bad for an almost 6,000 lb truck!

Thanks for the info.
I think I'm gonna get the thermal bypass.
I tow a lot. 9 months out of the year I tow atleast 4 of the 5 days during those 9 months.
Again, I appreciate the info.
Jerod

Back