Your first mod?

Whats your first mod?

• Total voters

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2018
When purchasing a new truck, we always can't wait to get it home and put "our touch" on it. What's your next thing typically?

GM In-channel rain deflectors for the windows, Weather Tech mud flaps and a set of nerf bars. All installed at the same time.

Next will be a Diamond Back bed cover when they get it built and shipped. Looking into lockable under seat storage for the rear seat, some way to mount a radio (cb or gmrs) and a front seat multi mount.

I like the lighted emblem personally, looks awesome on both Chevy/GMC's.

first thing that was changed on my truck was the silver badging to gloss black. Since, there have been a few more mods. I'm loving the way my truck looks now. I find myself staring at it as I walk up to it or when I have a view of it when its sitting in a parking lot. lol

I voted tint, but I also removed most of the letter badging, except for the duramax letters on the hood.

you guys are missing out especially if your truck lives outside the ceramic pro coating blocks the UV and adds five years to your clear coat guaranteed.

I just added a console organizer. Cheap mod but will be extermely useful being that the console is one huge black hole....

And also just ordered my Stahlbus oil change valve. The retailer, KFE Brake Systems, is a first class company. They did not have the specs for the oil drain bolt on the LM2 so I had to go to Fumoto to cross reference. I placed the order with KFE and they got right back to me wanting to make sure it was the correct diameter and thread pitch. Then, they actually went to a dealer and BOUGHT an oil drain plug to verify the specs were correct and sent me confirming pics!
I used to use Fumotos but got a Stahlbus on my last truck and liked it much better. I feel it is much safer than the exposed Fumoto (although I never had an issue with any of my Fumoto's)
If anyone is iinterested, here is a link: http://www.stahlbus.com/products/en/oil-drain-valve/
Size is M12 X 1.75

Last edited:
you guys are missing out especially if your truck lives outside the ceramic pro coating blocks the UV and adds five years to your clear coat guaranteed.
What is the process and price. It has to go to a pro detainer doesn’t it? Thanks

yes it does have to be done by one of there certified people i had the 9H with a topcoat plus wheels it took two days and cost about 1500 and it has to go back to same detailer once a year for a wash to check the coating. i take mine in quarterly but that is not required. but your vin goes into their system and it gets reported to carfax and the like.

Window tint and dash cams were the first to go on. Followed by the Amp Powersteps and then change out the emblems to get rid of the chrome.

Which one did you go with?
Hey BoostN,

I have the Thinkware 720 front and rear cams hardwired. I dont think they make it anymore and it was replaced by the Pro 700 whick are 4K front and back. The kit runs around $180 on Amazon.

I've spec'd out the Blackvue but at $600 I haven't pulled the trigger yet..

Back