22" wheels on my 2020 1500 Denali 3.0 Liter Duramax short box

RobV

Mar 2, 2020
Does anyone know if a tire manufacturer makes an AT tire that would fit my truck when the tires need replacing?

Welcome!

I was checking my favorite tire, and it appears they don't make anything larger than a 20".

I'm assuming your having a hard time finding a AT tire for a 22" wheel?

Yes, I hope to find a set for when they need replacing. If not, I may sell the wheels and get 20" wheels. I know I could find what I want then.

Installed 285/50r22 Nitto terra grapplers on a 2021. Like them alot. Been using BF Goodrich KO2's for 25 years. I think I have been converted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201212-173558_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201212-173558_Gallery.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 30
Installed 285/50r22 Nitto terra grapplers on a 2021. Like them alot. Been using BF Goodrich KO2's for 25 years. I think I have been converted.
How the ride compared to stock tires? Does it keep the grip on wet roads? Been looking at these for my truck.

I can't really speak on the ride quality compared to stock. I swapped tires before 500 miles, cause winter was in the air.

The ride is great with no road noise.

I haven't driven on wet roads with any curves yet, as it's been all frozen moisture. They really do well in snow and snow packed roads that are just starting to melt. Which to me is just as bad as black ice.

Time will tell how they perform in mud.

Attachments

• 20210220_131935.jpg
    20210220_131935.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Does anyone know if a tire manufacturer makes an AT tire that would fit my truck when the tires need replacing?
Nitto ridge and terra grapplers are available in 22" tires. My friend has them on his Raptor.

Howdy gemarsh,
Is your suspension stock height?
Did you have to do any modifications to your Denali to get the Nittos to fit?
How is your front wheel clearance at full turn?

Howdy gemarsh,
Is your suspension stock height?
Did you have to do any modifications to your Denali to get the Nittos to fit?
How is your front wheel clearance at full turn?
Absolutely stock. No issues with them rubbing. Turning or crossing a ditch at an angle.

Screenshot_20220129-190616_Gallery.jpg

We don't have rocks, here, so I can't answer that.

Sidewall height isn't much, unlike the old 15" rims of the day, so if that is a concern, I would raise the pressure up to the 80psi air pressure specs on the sidewall, when your going to be in those conditions.

Unless you're rock climbing, then you have the wrong equipment! 😁

We don't have rocks, here, so I can't answer that.

Sidewall height isn't much, unlike the old 15" rims of the day, so if that is a concern, I would raise the pressure up to the 80psi air pressure specs on the sidewall, when your going to be in those conditions.

Unless you're rock climbing, then you have the wrong equipment! 😁
I guess I should refer to the manufacture’s specifications on sidewall ply strength. The roads I drive have exposed rock here and there. While I’m not rock climbing, I don’t want any sidewall cuts.
Good point on airing up to protect the tires. Thanks

I guess I should refer to the manufacture’s specifications on sidewall ply strength. The roads I drive have exposed rock here and there. While I’m not rock climbing, I don’t want any sidewall cuts.
Good point on airing up to protect the tires. Thanks
It looks like the G2’s are a 10 ply rating allowing the 80 psi max. 10 ply sidewall is what I ran on my last truck for cut durability.
The Nittos should do well even with the 22 rims.

If you plan to do anything off-road I think 18s would be the limit, zero sidewall to work with airing down on anything larger diameter.

Back