Engine No Start TechLink bulletin

Have had this happen 2x times now on my 2021 Sierra. Sounds like a machine gun going for 10 ish seconds after trying to start it then it powers off and fires up on next start. Goes into dealer this Friday. Initially thought was starter noise but could be the crank. Happened 6/10/21 and 7/26/21 so far since purchased 6/9/21.

I've yet to take mine in as it's still only happen once so far for me.

Update, New Service Bulletin came out 8/16/21 for the no-start condition, part of it refers back to the damaged exciter wheel and inspection, and if not damaged, to shim the cam sensor. I have no idea if it's a successful repair yet, more to come.

Last edited:
Update, New Service Bulletin came out 8/16/21 for the no-start condition, part of it refers back to the damaged exciter wheel and inspection, , and in not damaged to shim the cam sensor. I have no idea if it's a successful repair yet, more to come.

Can you get a copy of that from the dealer, or post the #?

The dealer that did mine referenced Document PIP5823B.
I hope that helps someone.

I will post the bulletin tomorrow here. has it positively fixed the problem on anyone's truck yet to date? confirmed or unconfirmed?

I got the latest flash which was released 10/4/21. Dealership I bought the truck at was zero help and had to go to another dealer that knew what i wanted over the phone and got me in a couple days. So, Vermilion Chevrolet in Danville, IL is garbage and Alsop Chevrolet in Attica, IN is very good service for any in my area.

I got the latest flash which was released 10/4/21. Dealership I bought the truck at was zero help and had to go to another dealer that knew what i wanted over the phone and got me in a couple days. So, Vermilion Chevrolet in Danville, IL is garbage and Alsop Chevrolet in Attica, IN is very good service for any in my area.
How many days since you had Re-Flash and or miles? I guess it has not happened since reflash software

got it two weeks ago. had the issue every month since I bought the truck. So if it doesn't happen by December I will assume it is fixed. It seems to pause on crank (may be the cooler weather, i dunno) and cranks faster maybe now. All i have seen so far.

got it two weeks ago. had the issue every month since I bought the truck. So if it doesn't happen by December I will assume it is fixed. It seems to pause on crank (may be the cooler weather, i dunno) and cranks faster maybe now. All i have seen so far.
Thanks for the info, keep us updated, I will post a bulletin for others tomorrow, which is my plan, also make an appointment for my truck to get re-flash performed.
Thanks, rbdjr

Here is a copy of #PIP5823B Intermittent Extended Crank No Start (Oct4,2021) attached below

Let me know if the attachment worked
Thanks rbdjr

Attachments

• PIP5823B.pdf
    105.6 KB · Views: 116
Attached pdf worked for me.

Strange they updated 10-4, to remove the 2020 models.

I'm not getting the update. Have not had a ecns. Kinda like the jab.

They must have changes something during the last part of the 4th qtr of 2020.

Be interesting to see if this solves your guys issues.

I have my fingers crossed and make much more sense now than a shim-in sensor, something at times is a corruption signal.
We will see? time will tell, I need to schedule my truck to have reflashed, I have encountered the Crank No Start about 1 time every thousand miles, 7700 miles on my truck has happened 7 times.
I have a friend with an early 2020 who never has had it happen, your correct something changed(got less expensive/Cheaper) Im sure

Back