Ford dropping the 3.0L Diesel option

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 10, 2018
It seems some competition is now going away:

I never have really seen many 3.0L Powerstrokes out in the wild honestly. I still see quite a few EcoDiesels, and a number of 3.0L Duramaxs.

I hope GM doesn't decide to go the same route as Ford and drop their diesel.
The thing with ford was, they weren't selling the 3.0 diesel. The hp/torque numbers didn't beat the gassers.

GM's 3.0 beats the 5.3 and holds up to the 6.2.

Only problem I see, is the soccer mom's aren't going to like fueling up with diesel, specially when it gets COLD. I was surprised to read GM was putting it in the Yukon/Suburban platform.

I was surprised to read GM was putting it in the Yukon/Suburban platform.

...as was I. I don't think we would see GM drop the 3.0 anytime soon.. they are dropping the 2.8L from the Colorado.. which I think will do nothing but push buyers into the 1500/Dmax market.

I hope GM doesn't decide to go the same route as Ford and drop their diesel.
Being that they just developed this new motor and spent lots of $$$ to bring it to market, I think it would be hard
for them justify not offering it in the near future. They'll need some return on the investment. Also, I think they are
selling fairly well. I read somewhere it equates to about 15% of total sales in the 1500 lineup. It's not a staggering
amount of sales, but, I do feel its definitely good enough to keep around for a while.

all you need to do is follow the history the Duramax was spawned from Isuzu diesel program it is the single most powerful diesel made it will last at least three lifetimes can go half way around the country on one gallon of fuel comfortable sits 20 to 30 people can tow a zillion pounds and drives as smooth as a baby buggy. i got all of my info and specs from one of there top guys.

1627733045526.png they could never take them off the market

Ford does not need a small Diesel when they have those Ecoboosts, they really are decent engines.....

Back