How many have the Max Towing Package?

noshadowsabre

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone out there has the Max Towing Package on your truck? What is your payload? Thanks!

Don't have on mine.

Not sure. How do you tell?
The Max Trailering Package includes:
All Features Included With Max Trailering Package:
  • Trailering Package1
  • Increased towing and GCWR
  • Automatic locking rear differential
  • Handling/Trailering2 Suspension Package
  • Enhanced cooling radiator
  • Revised shock tuning
  • Heavier duty rear springs and increased RGAWR
  • 9.76" rear axle
  • 3.42 axle ratio (gas engine), 3.73 axle ratio (diesel engine)
  • Trailer brake controller
Here is an example of the Capacity sticker on the drivers door jamb:

Attachments

• 1500 payload.webp
    1500 payload.webp
    68.1 KB · Views: 1
Just wondering if anyone out there has the Max Towing Package on your truck? What is your payload? Thanks!
I had max towing package. I tow 8000 5th wheel in ND just fine. If GM can fix the DEF issue. I also have towed 12,000 in dump trailer with ease. Rating on paper 8900 lbs 5th wheel and 13100 lbs bumper.

What is the towing capacity of the 2024 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Duramax?

2024 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity | Rizza Buick GMC

13,300 pounds

2024 GMC Sierra 1500 Overview

The new GMC Sierra 1500 is rated for an available 4WD diesel towing capacity of up to 13,300 pounds when equipped with the 305-hp 3.0L Duramax Turbo-Diesel engine with a 10-speed Automatic Transmission and 495 lb-ft of torque.
https://www.rizzabuickgmc.com/research/new-gmc-sierra-1500-towing-capacity/#:~:text=2024 GMC Sierra 1500 Overview&text=The new GMC Sierra 1500 is rated for an available,495 lb-ft of torque.

2024 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity & Cargo Volume

https://www.rizzabuickgmc.com/research/new-gmc-sierra-1500-towing-capacity/#:~:text=2024 GMC Sierra 1500 Overview&text=The new GMC Sierra 1500 is rated for an available,495 lb-ft of torque.

The dealership really pushed this but, I think it is misleading.

You do have to have MAX tow.. there were a few that took it as engine only. Confusing that 5th wheel towing is less then bumper tow but in talking to with GM engineer you can tow behind 5th wheel and they have taken this into account with rating.

Most casual people towing TT's or other recreational equipmentdon't have to worry about max tow weight, it is payload and axle rating that is most important!

Back