Loud hissing sound

Ditkaisgod89

Jan 25, 2021
My 2020 gmc started making this loud hissing noise the other day and it seems to be getting worse. Not sure if it is the cold weather or some other issue. Anybody else experiencing this?

Fuel pump right under your door there.. my 2.8L Duramax did the same thing in cold weather.. somedays louder than others.

Now she won't shift out of third gear without the engine shutting completely off and I am getting the reduced engine power service ESC message. Limped it to the dealership and the guy at service told me the fuel was probably gelled which I though was interesting considering I have been using additive when I fill up and I dumped half a bottle of 911 in it and ran it for two hours before taking it to the dealership. So I guess we will see what happens. Couldn't provide me a loaner or a shuttle so I had to hoof it back to the house in -8 degree weather also which is pretty disappointing considering I bought the truck new in July of 2020 and it currently only had 11k miles on it.

It peaked at -10. The dealer changed the fuel filter and let it warm up overnight in their shop and that seemed to do the trick. I asked if there was anything more that I could do to prevent it from happening again and the response was park it in a garage, which my truck won't fit into.

It peaked at -10. The dealer changed the fuel filter and let it warm up overnight in their shop and that seemed to do the trick. I asked if there was anything more that I could do to prevent it from happening again and the response was park it in a garage, which my truck won't fit into.

Diesel treatment is one thing.. if you're not in a cold climate and the artic blast hits (like Texas this week), then you must treat the fuel yourself.

Now she won't shift out of third gear without the engine shutting completely off and I am getting the reduced engine power service ESC message. Limped it to the dealership and the guy at service told me the fuel was probably gelled which I though was interesting considering I have been using additive when I fill up and I dumped half a bottle of 911 in it and ran it for two hours before taking it to the dealership. So I guess we will see what happens. Couldn't provide me a loaner or a shuttle so I had to hoof it back to the house in -8 degree weather also which is pretty disappointing considering I bought the truck new in July of 2020 and it currently only had 11k miles on it.
Gelled up the filter and/or lines. I recommend to double up doseage every time you fuel up with a anti-gel. Don't know where you are at, but if it's the south, I bet you don't have winter fuel. #2 diesel will start cystallizing around 20°. #1 is a lower temp, but doesn't produce as much power.

I haven't had much success with diesel 911.

One thing I have learned since the 70's is to make room for treatment and filters in the winter. I keep Hot Shots Secret in the cab and a filter in the crossover toolbox.

Attachments

• hotshots.jpg
    hotshots.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210220_153617.jpg
    20210220_153617.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 3
Back