Extended crank but no start issue

Have you experienced a ECNS

• Total voters
It's a diy device, that plugs in between the switch and wiring harness. Not for the faint of heart, but worth it. Dealer won't do it, I'm betting.

There are a bunch of youtube videos that will step by step get you through it.

PS...15k miles, and no problems. Don't even know it's there, well until someone brings it up here.
Thank you!!

Ok had the reflash completed on my truck on Friday/Yesterday 11/5/21 (8600miles.) time will tell?
What I have noticed already is the normal crank time. Before the reflash my truck would start instantly with almost no crank time/revolutions and would be running in a blink of the eye, except for the 1 time every 1000 miles.
Now after the reflash I can tell it cranks a hair longer before it starts up? Maybe ONE second, but it's definitely a longer spin time than before I had the flash performed, No it's not excessive, but it's enough you can tell it's longer than before.
We will see down the road I almost have 9,000 miles so I'm do for the extended crank, so far I'm up to 8 no start crank events in 8600 miles, so it should be soon unless the flash has fixed the issue, fingers crossed.

It's been over 1000 km since I've had mine done and haven't had a CNS since. Mine also cranks a tad longer to start except for the auto stop/start where it starts instantly as soon as I lift my foot from the brake.

Nice, have you monitored fuel milage since any changes? Other than the 1 second longer crank time on startup, I have not noticed any other changes as of yet? But now with winter months ahead, I do expect a bit lower mileage because of winterized fuel and me warming up the truck for a bit.

Mileage so far has remained unchanged at around 24mpg but I'm only on my 4th tank since buying it and one tank since the fix.

Mileage so far has remained unchanged at around 24mpg but I'm only on my 4th tank since buying it and one tank since the fix.
Oh hell, she's not even broke in yet!

Will have to get with the dealer, waiting for parts, STILL!
Definitely tell your dealer that you want the reflash. My dealer had the parts already come in and I told them I want the reflash and gave them the PIP5823B . They set the apt up for the reflash. So far Im good since Oct 26.

I have a 2021 that I bought in August, My truck has done this to me 3X times now, with the last happening last night. Very Frustrated over it!

I have a 2021 that I bought in August, My truck has done this to me 3X times now, with the last happening last night. Very Frustrated over it!
At least now it looks like a true fix with just a reflash!!! No big deal in and out.

had mine done October 9th, was getting no crank about once a month and have had none since. I think it fixed my truck for sure.

Yes, mine seems fixed also. But I would love to know what was updated to create the fix, much more difficult now as I no longer work for a GM dealer. If anyone knows what the re-flash addressed please share it.
Thanks, rbdjr

The copy I have # PIP5823B , I have attached the copy here, hope it works as good as the flash fixed my truck! I'm sure there are a few revisions by now.

Attachments

• re-flash PIP5823B oct 4 2021.pdf
    105.6 KB · Views: 17
I have a 21 Silverado 3.0 duramax and has had ecns probably about 20 times since I’ve had the truck for 8 months. I thought initially it was me, I took it in to get looked at in October and service tech said he had no clue what I was talking about and could not do anything because he couldn’t duplicate the problem. It happens so randomly but recently it happened to the where I had ecns about 4 times in a row before it started and threw a code to my phone saying my battery was low and I needed to start my vehicle to charge it.. lmao! Then about an hour later after it finally started check engine light came on and an emissions email came from Chevy app saying I needed vehicle serviced asap! Clearly! So I have an appointment end of the week though this time I’m coming with info on this to tell them what the problem is and needs fixed this time! Watching utube videos on this it could be a major problem as well taking the the entire truck apart to fix. I’m not settling for can’t fix this time!

Back