Not feeling good about the PF66 filter

it’s good. Oil analysis said I could go another 7K but I changed anyway. No particles larger than 2 microns so I’m pleased.

it’s good. Oil analysis said I could go another 7K but I changed anyway. No particles larger than 2 microns so I’m pleased.
That is good! Usually, diesels soot out their oil before the oil breaks down.

That’s why I think I’ll change it at manufactures recommendation during the warranty period. The analysis showed TBN was still really good in the oil even though Amsoil says their 0W-20 isn’t recommended for extended drain intervals.

Don’t use any of the newer PF66 oil filters… they are complete junk now IMO and have been cheapened big time. No metal cap on both ends. The relief spring at the bottom was also upside down I believe when I cut it open (99% sure unless they had put them back together and in backwards by mistake..?) based on YouTube videos I have watched. :mad:

Edit: I looked at the filter components again and it does have the metal end cap but it had separated from the filter (black glue let go). Not really impressed.

I have the UPF66 professional one in on this oil change so I guess I’ll see how this one fares when it gets changed next and I cut it open.

Last edited:
Back